titaneflash
1 Nickel

Re: SSD intel SRT accelerate button missing (caching)

Jump to solution

In disk management, you have to delete the SSD disk partition (what i did).

The disk will still be visible in the windows explorer (but you will not able to put files on it),

Then, the ACCELERATE option should become visible in the software.

After having enabled the option, you should not see the SSD disk in the windows explorer.

Hope to be clear...

0 Kudos
NareshKS
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks titaneflash, It works like a charm but strangely nobody from dell has responded on it !!

0 Kudos
titaneflash
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Wonderful ! I m happy to have been able to help you !!

What I can tell you is that my last Alien laptop crashed (motherboard) about two months ago : 3 technicians came at home to ...try to repear it ! three technicians, so three times et tries...as a result : a Disaster; my laptop got broken... 

Well, they have been correct and accepted to switch the laptop that i received 2 days ago. However, like you, the installation was not finalized and the SSD caching was not and COULD not be activated...

Fortunately, thanks to many searchs, i was able to fixe the problem by myself.

Enjoy the ACCELERATE OPTION !

Regards.

0 Kudos
NareshKS
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I also did a lot of search before posting but didn't manage to find the solution !! I noticed there a lot of people who are having this issue and I'm sure your post would be helpful for them as it was for me. Meanwhile I have another small question for you :-), I got this laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed and I didn't like it so tried to install Windows 7 instead. When it came it had 4 partitions and I made another one by shrinking the OS partition. I tried to install Windows 7 but installer says that it cannot install Windows on the existing partition !! Is there a way to install Windows 7 on same partition on which I have Windows 8 ? I don't want to lose recovery partitions before I installing Windows 7 successfully. I had disabled the secure boot and the existing partitions are GPT. Thanks again for your help. 

0 Kudos
titaneflash
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi,

I m not expert on the subject, however, I know that you can not install Win 7 on the same partition. You have to create a partition thanks to a soft (magic partition for exemple : www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche10520-partition-magic.html) using a part of the existing partition. You should be able to install the OS on it and then choose the OS you want when your PC starts (automtically).

However, you say that you have already created a partition ?...and that you can not install Win 7 on it ??? I do not understand : it should work !

Well, you should take time to appreciate Win 8 ;-))

I use it for a few days...and i appreciate it, each day better !

Regards.

0 Kudos
NareshKS
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thanks, I tried to install windows 7 on the same partition on which windows 8 is. You are right, I'll give some time to Windows 8 :-), Regards

0 Kudos
TinyElvis
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I am a little late to this thread but am in the same situation and  I cannot make this work past creating the hibernation partition. What steps should be taken in the BIOS settings and what should I expect afterwards? I changed to RAID but after that when I boot I am taken to the RAID configuration UI but am not sure what to do from there. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
erwinbantilan
1 Copper

RE: SSD intel SRT accelerate button missing (caching)

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
ttrnka1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

could you please tell me how to delete SSD disk partition? Many thanks, Im quite  struggling  right now... 😉 Tomas

0 Kudos
ttrnka1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi, I have the same problem with the missing button.

In my diskmgmt.msc is

DISK 0  - Windows + 2 other partitions,

and below is

SSD Disk 1 which is  hibernating,

Accelerated as mentioned above. But the button in not there and this one partition canon be deleted or set as offline. Can you help please? Many  thanks, Regards, Tomas

0 Kudos