Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2015 13:00

Some issues with my new Alienware

I ordered an Alienware 15 from the Dell Outlet and so far I am very happy, but I do have a couple issues.  This is a refurb (going by the green sticker on the bottom). 

When it arrived, the OS was installed on the HDD instead of the SSD.  I resolved that myself. (see my other post).

Also, and this is nit-picky I know, but it is covered in handprints and fingerprints.  The sticker says it is refurbished by GENCO, so maybe they need a refresher over there on cleaning a computer and on imaging the drives.  If I wasn't savvy with computers, I suspect that you would have had to pay someone to fix it for me.

Anyway, really like the computer and just wanted to share my thoughts for the Dell folks.

118 Posts

April 29th, 2015 15:00

Thanks.  I am sure I will enjoy it.  Just ran 3DMark and WOW!  Blew my Asus ROG G551JM out of the water.  Now I am ready for Witcher 3 in a few weeks!

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 29th, 2015 15:00

Thank you for sharing this information with us in the forum. We are sorry you had to deal with those issues upon receiving the system. We hope you enjoy the Alienware system. 

No Events found!