8 Krypton

Re: Someone help me get info on my order? I'm going nuts.

Ican't see this being a parts problem either. I think its a manifacturing problem. If we could get a list of where some of the computers were built,then we could see what manifacturing plants have delays. 

Alienware Aurora,black,17-975 OC 4.0,6gb corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz memory,saphire HD 5850 1gb DDR3 GPU,640gb HD,custom liquid cooling,875 watt psu,DVD/CD RW,BLUray,19&1 reader,window 7 64,AO9 bios

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Could be a combination of both. I wouldn't put it past Dell. I'm thinking it's time to finally just make the jump to Falcon Northwest. Pricier, but built and supported in the US.

0 Kudos
stargazer211
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that, as customers , we deserve better. waiting a month and half for your pc to arrive is a big problem, and poor customer service just adds to it. I understand dell is probably overloaded right now with tons of orders. But at least be able to answer some questions or either give discounts for our troubles. All that being said, I suggest you cancel it and look into CyberpowerPc, and Ibuypower to order your desktop. They build custom make desktops and is cheaper than Alienware. Although the Alienware tower case is very entertaining, the options for different types of tower configurations in those websites will be enough to satisfy whatever that you like. I've bought a desktop from there and its been great. getting it shipping to me in a week and a half is also a plus*

0 Kudos
Agent_TBC
Not applicable

So I wrote to customer service with my concerns and asking for help and so forth.

They sent back a cut&paste job saying I could check my order status on the following web page blah blah blah.  It was swell.  SWELL.  My favorite part was the bit saying to remember that the estimated date was only an estimate and I could receive my order well before that date!  Super, I'm going to hold my breath.

0 Kudos
Agent_TBC
Not applicable

Well folks, I expect yet another delay email tonight just after midnight.  These are clearly automated.  It's not like some lackey is sitting around the office at 1:00am writing emails.  So now I'm sitting at over a month out with a 3rd delay and am seriously considering cancelling.

I PMd Lisa yesterday with my order # when she asked for those, hopefully she can help but as much as I think the reps on these forums do a good job with what they have, they clearly lack the power to actually make a huge difference.  Working for a giant faceless corporation is tough sometimes.

0 Kudos
Agent_TBC
Not applicable

OH MY GOD THE SYSTEM WAS SHIPPED TODAY.

I dunno if Lisa worked some magic or what but I have a tracking number.  I'm glad it was not delayed again with no word from anybody on what was going on, because Alienware would likely have lost me as a customer indefinitely at that point.  As is, I will simply check if the communication/order delay issue has been resolved next time I am in the market for a system.  If it has, I'll consider Alienware again.  If not, I will probably go elsewhere.  So at least in my case it's simply a matter of Dell/Alienware working out the kinks of the process and I'll probably return, but they do need to work those kinks out for that to happen.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

This has been going on for years.. if you purchase again expect the same service.. also if your computer breaks down, expect long wait times and disconnected calls.  Dell banks on people spending their money and just waiting, and they get most of their money from their high end enterprise systems sooooo i dont see it changing any time soon.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

my system exchange took 5 months. FOREVER!!! thats almost half a year. lol!!! its actually kinda funny now.

0 Kudos
Brian Daniel
Not applicable

Their reps follow a script.  They type in your concern and read from a script, regardless of what the truth is.  I went from a fan to a hater of Dell over a wireless router that I was supposed to get.  My advice to Dell is to fire everyone in India.  Let's get some Texans on the phone for customer service!

0 Kudos
Brian Daniel
Not applicable

My advice is to go to Frys and buy the parts to build your own computer.  To hell with Dell.

0 Kudos