Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 13th, 2010 02:00

Someone help me get info on my order? I'm going nuts.

Hey all.  I've been a longtime customer of Alienware.  My first Alienware was bought over a decade ago and more have followed.  I've never had a single problem before now.  I ordered an Aurora Desktop on Jan. 15th which was supposed to arrive by February 10th.  That seemed like a long time given I could get virtually the same computer (without the case) elsewhere shipped within 5 business days, but like I said I'm a longtime customer so went with Alienware.  On February 3rd, the date was pushed back from the 10th to 17th.  I was told that they were "very confident" in this date.  On the 12th the date was pushed from the 17th to the 24th.  I am told Dell is "very confident" in this date.  Of course they were confident about the 10th and the 17th as well.

My problem is that I cannot for the life of me get anyone at Dell or Alienware to tell me what the problem is.  I can't seem to connect with anyone who can tell me where in the process my system currently sits.  Are some of the parts missing?  Is it being built?  Is it in testing?  I don't know, and nobody else seems to either.  I can't make an informed decision about cancelling the order and buying it elsewhere if I don't know what is going on.

Does anyone know of a way to get in touch with someone who can actually tell me what is going on with my computer?  I only ever seem to get to a call center in India or something where they know even less than I do about what is going on with my system.  Anyone know the proper phone #?  Email address?  Anyone got a friend who can sneak in and check?  Anything?

I'm quite discourage;  as I said, I've been an Alienware customer for over a decade.  That's quite a long time in computer age.  I don't want to stop being an Alienware customer but no one there or at Dell seems to be able to tell me anything beyond my payment was accepted.  On January 16th. Help?

468 Posts

February 18th, 2010 19:00

This has been going on for years.. if you purchase again expect the same service.. also if your computer breaks down, expect long wait times and disconnected calls.  Dell banks on people spending their money and just waiting, and they get most of their money from their high end enterprise systems sooooo i dont see it changing any time soon.

91 Posts

February 18th, 2010 22:00

my system exchange took 5 months. FOREVER!!! thats almost half a year. lol!!! its actually kinda funny now.

Their reps follow a script.  They type in your concern and read from a script, regardless of what the truth is.  I went from a fan to a hater of Dell over a wireless router that I was supposed to get.  My advice to Dell is to fire everyone in India.  Let's get some Texans on the phone for customer service!

My advice is to go to Frys and buy the parts to build your own computer.  To hell with Dell.

February 18th, 2010 23:00

You can make a case with the Better Business Bureau.  Dell is a member.  The nearest office is in Austin, Texas.  The Texas Department of Consumer Affairs can also help.  I filed concerns with both, and Dell became helpful.  A previous post that was more obvious did not qualify for the TOS, so I offer an obfuscated alternative to tell you to buy Dell.  Dell is #1 in USA and South Central Asia!

4 Posts

February 19th, 2010 14:00

Seems to be a recurring theme in this thread and others but I've had my orders delayed, lost, cancelled, and delayed again and again since Dec 14th. I'm approaching March and my then dying laptop seems to be on a thread and I simply can't take the time away from it right now and get this one fixed. With 6,000 dropped on a laptop you'd think they'd want your business more than they seem to. 

Anyone have any tips on what I can do to actually get them to LOOK at my order? Much less build it. The call center is, by all purposes, extremely dim witted at best of times. Calling seems to achieve nothing but forcing someone to read script cards over and over again to you.

February 20th, 2010 16:00

I order 1/26. Original expected receipt date 2/12. Then it was pushed to 2/22, then it was pushed to 3/1.

I also inquired as to what part(s) was causing slow down in delivery and volunteered with my salesperson to concede (change) on the part to expedite delivery. Ony was "delay was in manufacturing". So I canceled my order. I was on EPP purchase with 10% off and extra $50 off on a coupon deal.

I see today they changed the order process on AW. You are forced at the minimum for an overclocked 920 ($200 dollar option yesterday, and savy customers were overclockng their on) and standard video card is now ATI 5870. And starting price is up from $1199 to $1399.

So I am now convinced my issue was $ and cents.

I have been Dell consumer for 15+ years starting with X386's, then P3 933 then P4 3.4, and had always been stifled with their propriatary cases and all. Always bought cutting edge performers at top dollar from them

No more. I will spend my money elsewhere and convince everyone else I know to drop Dell.

15 Posts

February 20th, 2010 17:00

DerekWayne, which country are you trying to build from ??? I ask because it's really strange how the building\pricing varies from the different countries.

91 Posts

February 20th, 2010 19:00

how is it strange? Alienware has completely different prices all around the world. the US has the cheapest price.

15 Posts

February 21st, 2010 06:00

MarkTrav it is strange because when you build an Area 51 in the US, it cost 650.00 to add 6 gb of DDR31333 MHz Ram. In Canada that same upgrade is 375.00. Yes, the base prices seem to be cheaper BUT I would have paid 50.00 - 75.00 more if I would select the US build site for my system.

February 21st, 2010 07:00

USA in the Midwest...........

No Events found!