Nepthar
1 Copper

Support

Hello, this is my first post here, recently i bought an alien ware 15 R2, Ive had it for about a month and now whenever I start up I get This:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.CommunicationServiceClass.SetFirmwareFilesPath(String path)
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.CommunicationServiceClassFactory.New(AlienFXDeviceRepository repository)
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.LightsZoneController..ctor()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm.initializeLightController()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.ControllerMainForm..ctor()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Controller.Program.Main(String[] args)

Please help I don't know what to do.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Support

Hello and welcome to the Alienware community, 

Sometimes those type of errors are caused by glitches with the Alienware Command Center application. We recommend reinstalling this software. First uninstall it from the Programs and Features list, then restart the system and install it again. Click here for the Command Center download link. Let us know how it goes. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
jsun123
1 Copper

RE: Support

Hi, I'm having the same issue, reinstalling did not fix the issue. Was wondering if there are any other troubleshooting tips?

0 Kudos