Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 7th, 2012 20:00

Switching Between Graphic Cards Not Working

Hi, I have a Alienware M17X R2.

To start off, I want to say that I reinstalled Windows 7 and I re-downloaded all the drives I could think of. But when I click fn + f7 it doesn't respond anymore. It use to make a sound than flicker, so I know that there's nothing wrong with the keyboard. So I check the display adapters but I only see one located, which is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870. I'm not sure if this particular video card holds both simultaneously or if I'm still missing one. I also already check my BIOS but I don't have the option to change both Hybrid Graphics and Integrated Graphic to Enabled in advanced, because there literally not there. I also thought maybe they both can't be used on the same monitor so I connected a external monitor, clicking fn + f7 (GFX) once says clone display which just copy the laptop movement than click again and shows external display. Also stealth mode is off, I have checked everything I read from the forums, so I'm personally asking for help to see if the community can solve my problem. Why can't I use this function anymore? Any help would be grateful. 

Thank you.
Pictures of additional information:

72 Posts

February 7th, 2012 21:00

Never noticed the Fn key in a year of ownership lol.  Saying that the fn=F7 doesnt work for me either and ive never reinstalled. I tend to have Xfire off nowerdays though as it performs terribly causing lag issues due to high memory usage. Ill upgrade it eventually.

No Events found!