Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 2nd, 2015 22:00

System crash transitioning into and out of full screen mode

on my new AlienWare 13 laptop, I've seen it now has a common tendency to crash when switching into and out of full screen mode in gaming, at first it happened when i had my pc hooked up to a HD television via HDMI, and thinking it was a small error, i disconneced the cable, and even attempted to force it into sleep mode, but what only worked was manually shutting it down,

after looking into event view, the only noticeable error was this:

-

0x8000000000000000

System
  JamesPC

-

"The speed of Processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware"
this error is repeated for all four cores that i have, and ideas what is causing this

• 

2.7K Posts

March 3rd, 2015 16:00

There could be a problem with the video card driver, I will recommend you to uninstall the one you currently have then download and install the newest version you find in the NVidia website. 

2 Posts

May 13th, 2015 19:00

Late reply I know, after i had reset my PC and re-installed all my up-to-date drivers, i had thought the issue was over, but it still persists, typically when using an external monitor, during so it would lock up completely, as i found out when i had pressed the caps lock key and the light indicator did not light, however cpu light indicator still flashes as if it still is working, and updating driver did not help

No Events found!