angelofoz
2 Bronze

Thermal Controller Error on Startup

Jump to solution

Aurora R4, W7 Ultimate

Any fixes for the Thermal Controller Dialog box which appears when computer starts up with the following details

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ProfileManagerClass.GetFansWritable()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Main.processWindowsLoaded()
at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Main.Window_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Alienware-Eimy

RE: Thermal Controller Error on Startup

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Command Center following ALL the steps below:

SLN303405 - How to Remove and Reinstall the Alienware Command Center

Let me know how it goes!

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Neodarkside
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Having the same issues, these are the errors I get on start up.

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ThermalControlsTaskbarIcon' threw an exception. ---> System.Management.ManagementException: Generic failure

at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)

at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewThermalControlsDeviceDiscovery()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.ObjectFactory.NewThermalControlsDeviceRepository()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.ObjectFactory.get_ThermalControlsDeviceRepository()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.ProfileProcessorClass..ctor()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.ObjectFactory.NewProfileProcessor()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.Factories.ProfileRepositoryFactory.get_ProfileRepositoryforController()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ThermalControlsTaskbarIcon..cctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Main..ctor()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.App.AppStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Then after I followed the guide to remove and reinstall, this error showed up while installing.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.CommunicationServiceClass.SetFirmwareFilesPath(String path)

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.CommunicationServiceClassFactory.New(AlienFXDeviceRepository repository)

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tester.TesterMainForm..ctor()

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tester.App.AppStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs args)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alienware-Eimy

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Command Center following ALL the steps below:

SLN303405 - How to Remove and Reinstall the Alienware Command Center

Let me know how it goes!

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Neodarkside
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Having the same issues, these are the errors I get on start up.

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ThermalControlsTaskbarIcon' threw an exception. ---> System.Management.ManagementException: Generic failure

at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)

at System.Management.ManagementEventWatcher.Start()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.DeviceDiscovery.Classes.DeviceWatcherClass.Start()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.DeviceDiscovery.ObjectFactory.NewThermalControlsDeviceDiscovery()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.ObjectFactory.get_DiscoveryService()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.ObjectFactory.NewThermalControlsDeviceRepository()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.ObjectFactory.get_ThermalControlsDeviceRepository()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.ProfileProcessorClass..ctor()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.ObjectFactory.NewProfileProcessor()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Domain.Profiles.Classes.Factories.ProfileRepositoryFactory.get_ProfileRepositoryforController()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Classes.ThermalControlsTaskbarIcon..cctor()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.Main..ctor()

at AlienLabs.ThermalControls.Controller.App.AppStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs args)

at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)

Then after I followed the guide to remove and reinstall, this error showed up while installing.

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.CommunicationServiceClass.SetFirmwareFilesPath(String path)

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tools.Classes.CommunicationServiceClassFactory.New(AlienFXDeviceRepository repository)

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tester.TesterMainForm..ctor()

at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tester.App.AppStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs args)

0 Kudos
angelofoz
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

That worked thankyou, I havent reinstalled yet, will let you know once I have

0 Kudos
Neodarkside
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

That worked for you angelofoz? It didn't for me, so makes me wonder if I am having a different problem then :(

0 Kudos
FTweddings
2 Bronze

Re: Thermal Controller Error on Startup

Jump to solution

Hi Eimy,

I have that same error, but I can't log into windows. everytime I type in my password after a boot, that error comes up

Please, can you help?

tb1991
2 Bronze

Re: Thermal Controller Error on Startup

Jump to solution

I'm getting this same error, did you find a solution?

0 Kudos