Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2011 03:00

Time travelling with UPS

This post is merely for amusement.

Important note: today's date is 11th March 2011
Every time I check the status of my order on Dell's site it has always said "In pre-assembly stage" so I have been doing daily checks hoping to see it advance to the production stage. Today, to my absolute surprise, it says my order was shipped yesterday and gave me a UPS tracking number. As it also states that the estimated delivery date is the 11th March I instantly checked the UPS site for confirmation because if they are coming today I need to make sure someone is at home to receive the delivery.

Well here's where it gets amusing because this is exactly what it says:
"A label for this shipment has been created, but UPS does not yet have possession of this shipment. Once we receive the shipment, the tracking status will be updated.    Label Created On: 15/03/2011"

You have to hand it to them, they ARE a very forward thinking company!

76 Posts

March 11th, 2011 04:00

This post is merely for amusement.

Important note: today's date is 11th March 2011
Every time I check the status of my order on Dell's site it has always said "In pre-assembly stage" so I have been doing daily checks hoping to see it advance to the production stage. Today, to my absolute surprise, it says my order was shipped yesterday and gave me a UPS tracking number. As it also states that the estimated delivery date is the 11th March I instantly checked the UPS site for confirmation because if they are coming today I need to make sure someone is at home to receive the delivery.

Well here's where it gets amusing because this is exactly what it says:
"A label for this shipment has been created, but UPS does not yet have possession of this shipment. Once we receive the shipment, the tracking status will be updated.    Label Created On: 15/03/2011"

You have to hand it to them, they ARE a very forward thinking company!

I had a package last week with UPS saying that it was checked in on 10/5/08

46 Posts

March 11th, 2011 05:00

I checked on an order last Friday morning, th 4th. It said it was in production for shipping on the 11th. Imagine my surprise when the computer showed up Friday evening, the 4th. Even better was the fact I received the notice Monday the 7th that my computer was shipped on last Wednesday the 2nd. I guess they do go through a time warp of some kind.

67 Posts

March 11th, 2011 06:00

i got the same thing with mine...its suppose to be here today apperently..i wasn't suppose to get it until the 25th of this month

501 Posts

I guess they do go through a time warp of some kind.

501 Posts

I had a package last week with UPS saying that it was checked in on 10/5/08

Make a damages claim for the delay.

67 Posts

i just checked mine again to make sure and its on its way..

501 Posts

i got the same thing with mine...its suppose to be here today apperently..i wasn't suppose to get it until the 25th of this month

Ditto. They must have received a parts delivery.
I note even the R3's are now available again.

No Events found!