RAckerman
1 Copper

Trying to use Alienware Respawn

Hi,

I made the mistake of updating my machine to Windows 8.1.  It's just way too quirky on this machine.   I want to go back to Windows 7, factory install, etc.    For some reason I cannot utilize the Recovery section.   I know the image is there, but I cannot access it.   Do I really need to buy a new version of ReSpawn to roll my machine back?  Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Trying to use Alienware Respawn

Hi,

Try installing Respawn again, click here to download the software.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
purple397
3 Silver

RE: Trying to use Alienware Respawn

Hi, I disliked Windows 8.1.  Windows 10 is much much much better.   If you don't mind giving it a try.  If the free upgrade is still there.  I would suggest you try Windows 10 while it is still free.   Yes I have some gripes with Windows 10, particularly its spyware. , Altho its spyware not impact my speed so much that I have removed it.  If you do the upgrade, I recommend that you go to the Microsoft website and download the Windows 10 ISO directly, then run the upgrade program.  Please realize that sometimes the Download, and later the install is working, even though it does not show to be in the Task Manager.  

0 Kudos