Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 1st, 2016 12:00

Turtle Beach PX4 on Alienware 17 R3

I just bought an Alienware 17 R3 (www.bestbuy.com/.../4590902.p

I have a Turtle Beach PX4 headset, but I can't use it in my computer. There's no Optical Cable (S/PIDF) jack in the computer, so I bought a cable S/PDIF to Mini S/PDIF (looks like a P2). The computer do not recognize the PX4 transmiter.

I can pair with bluetooth, but the sound is horrible. I want to use the 5.1 Surround Sound. At the Turtle Beach website they say that I need a device compatible with Dolby technology. So, I can't use my headset in my alienware? There is any way?

Thank you.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 1st, 2016 19:00

According to the manual, "The Ear Force PX4 is a premium, Dolby surround sound headset designed for PS3, PS4 and Xbox360 gaming.". I see nothing in the manual on how to make this work on a PC. Page 22 discusses using a 3.5mm cable to connect to a music player. Maybe that would work in the Alienware headset port? Not sure. We never tested this device.

3 Posts

August 1st, 2016 19:00

I tried to do that. Some people managed to make it work, but they had the usual optical cable port on their computer. I don't know if the problem is that I don't have the S/PDIF port (I just have the Mini S/PDIF) or if my problem is that Alienware isn't compatible with Dolby Technology. If it is the first case, there is any other adaptor to make it work?

Thank you!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

August 1st, 2016 20:00

No idea. The 17-R3 ships with the onboard Realtek ALC3234 audio controller and Creative Sound Core 3D with SBX Pro Studio software. I do not see any reference to Dolby in the notes. Did you open the software and look for Dolby?

3 Posts

August 1st, 2016 21:00

I opened the Sound Blaster Control Panel. There is no Dolby option there. Some people have this, but not me.

No Events found!