*sorry for my bad english*
Hey Everyone !!
So im just upgrading My Alienware M17X-R4
This is my Alienware M17X-R4 specs now :
- Intel Core i7-4910MQ @ 2.9Ghz
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M 8GB GDDR5
- 32GB RAM
- SSD Samsung 850 PRO 500 GB
- SSD Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB MSata
- SSD Intel SSD 250GB
- 330W PSU
- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
And in the process of upgrade, im just encountering some problems.
So im like to share my problem and solution for you
If you have a plan to upgrading your Alienware 17.
So, here we go :
this is the problem im encountered :
1. 8x beeps when im trying to launch boot diagnostic setup (F12)
- thats not such a big problem and he give me solution to using secondary monitor to launch Alienware Diagnostic.
2. NVidia driver cant detect my 980M GPU, so in the other hand, i cant update my driver. And this is ***.
- At first im blaming the Windows 10, because many people told me Windows 10 is ***. (i think its not stable yet).
- And im just suspect that my Current Bios (A04) is not compatible with 980M so im just upgrade my bios to A14 version from Dell Support.
- And the driver still failed to install..... it doesnt even detect my GPU
Finally i can fix everything.
What i have done :
- Update my BIOS to A14 Version.
- Update all my Alienware driver with DriverBooster application.
- Installing DDU program (This application removing my current Nvidia driver 373.06 from system).
- Disable Windows Digital Signature Enforcement (DSE).
- Disable Windows Defender and Windows Firewall.
- Download newest Nvidia driver manually from website (dropdown menu).
- Modding inf file by myself with following instruction from http://null-bin.blogspot.co.id/2015/08/how-to-modify-nvidia-notebook-driver.html
- Deleting unnecessary folder from NVidia Driver folder ( https://www.techinferno.com/index.p...t-upgrades-driver-support-modded-inf/&page=64 )
- Run setup.exe as administrator
- And dang ! The Driver successfully installing like a charm !
So now my Windows and all my Driver are up to date.
My current Nvidia driver now : 376.48
My Alienware can run smoothly now.
I think thats it !
This looks amazing. I'm currently looking for upgrades as my m17xR4 that I bought 3 years ago is really struggling to run BF1 with it's 3720QM processor and 7970M gpu. I was worried about newer hardware fitting. Did you have any issues with this? Also, what kind of price tag did those pieces have? Thanks in advance.
im thinking the same thing, since the 4th gen was a Alienware 17/18 (R1) first revision , and 3rd gen intel was the M17X R4/M18X R2
Alienware X51 R3
M18X R2 (again)
Inspiron 11 Flip , Studio 1535 ,Inspiron 6400
M18X R2, M17X R2 ,M17X R1, XPS M1730 & M1530, Inspiron 17R
I answer questions here, but