Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 1st, 2014 08:00

USB 3.0 Problems

I recently bought an Anker AH241 USB 3.0 13-Port Hub. I am having some intermittent problems with my 3.0  External Hard Drive and 3.0 USB Flash drives sometimes only being recognized as 2.0 drives, also I have to turn off the Hub when starting or the computer hangs up before Windows starts.

I see an update released 05/05/2014 for the Renesas  Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller on Dells web site, the driver it is using now is version 3.0.8.0 this updates to 3.0.23.0  I thought this might help but after downloading and extracting the files it will not run, I see there is no exe. file in the folder.   I am still using the BIOS that came with my computer A03, might this be the problem.   Any thoughts or help on this would be great................ 

1.8K Posts

July 2nd, 2014 13:00

Hi!

Is the Aurora-R4 USB problem only affecting the devices you connect to the hub, or does it affect the ones you connect directly to the systems USB port as well? Have you tried all the different USB 3.0 ports in your system?

90 Posts

July 2nd, 2014 16:00

Since I posted this question I have found that if I leave the power off to the HUB until Windows starts to load then turn the power on as Windows is loading, all ports on the hub and on the computer work fine. My Hub is plugged into the USB 3.0 port on the back and the front port seams to be working correctly. 

No Events found!