Highlighted
LinkRS
2 Iron

Unable to update nVidia drivers since 385.41 for Graphics Amp

Hello,

I have an Alienware 17 R3 (2015) still under warranty and using an nVidia Geforce GTX 1070 FE card in a Graphics Amplifier.  It is running all the latest Graphics Amp and Command Center software available for my system at support.dell.com.  Starting with the nVidia 385.69 drivers, when attempting to install you get an error message indicating that no supported hardware was found, with a link to an older page at nVidia's website.  The nVidia page indicates that starting with the 361 series driver, the driver won't install for the Alienware Graphics Amplifier and needs specific drivers provided by Dell.  However, Dell almost never updates drivers.  What options do we have for using our Graphics Amplifier going forward?  It is only a matter of time before the 385.41 drivers won't work for a new game, and essentially preventing those of us with Amps from playing them.  Thanks.

1 Reply
Bandio
1 Copper

Re: Unable to update nVidia drivers since 385.41 for Graphics Amp

It is already happening. I am having the exact same issue. I went to play Battlefront 2, and it now pops up and says that we have to have driver version 387 as a minimum to play and the game won't launch. I am hoping we can get something from Dell soon, because having spent the extra money on the Graphics Amplifier and a decent graphics card (I have the same one as you) is really frustrating. I bought mine in February, so soon, it will end up being just a really big USB hub.