zepfya
2 Iron

Re: Unbelievable..GTX 580 SLI.

Do you think I should go with a single card, that is just higher GB like a 590 or maybe just a single 580? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Lariat84
2 Iron

Are you paying for these cards? or are they replacements under warranty?

I currently have a GTX590 in my computer and its good, but like I said it also runs hot . SLI Gtx580s is a stronger combo. I believe the GTX590 is 2 downclocked 570s on 1 card.

Also consider the 590 is not actually a 3GB card, its 2 - 1.5GB cards built onto a single card, so its kind of deceiving.

0 Kudos
zepfya
2 Iron

Nope not paying for it, they owe me high end cards due to the computer they replaced having the highest end graphics cards for the time. Wish the tech would know I have on board sound and put in the two evga gtx 580s he brought today. Pretty messed up hope it works out. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

Do you think I should go with a single card, that is just higher GB like a 590 or maybe just a single 580? Thanks.

Take the two 580's (surprised you are asking). PM me if you have questions.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
zepfya
2 Iron

Just hope having no sound card wont be a bad thing. Thanks.

0 Kudos
elypcool
2 Iron

guys for those of you running 2 gtx580, did you guys ordered the second card from dell or somewhere else? if elsewhere  where and how is it working?

0 Kudos
elypcool
2 Iron

also what SLI bridge did you used?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Damien2213
3 Argentium

I have an Auroa from 2009 that has an i7 920 12 GB Ram and I just recently put a 570 GTX HD and I've yet to see it stressed in a game at 1920 1080.   I have nothing over clocked.  Why everyone gets so obsessed with SLI when these high end Radeon and Nvidia cards do well on there on.  The 570 GTX HD not only runs well in games it does not get that hot.  When compared to my dual gpu GTX 295 card it runs better graphics and is way cooler.  If you get a 570-590 or the Radeon equals I don't think you will need SLI....

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

Why everyone gets so obsessed with SLI when these high end Radeon and Nvidia cards do well on there on.  

Glad to see I'm not the only one that feels this way ...

My single AMD-5870 is still running fine... That's 1920x1200 some AA and AF ... and high-settings.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
zepfya
2 Iron

They shipped the two gtx 580s to install either tomorrow or on Monday not sure, decided I will buy an external sound card just not sure which yet. Thinking about the asus essence one which is pricey but might be worth it.

0 Kudos