nikpower19
2 Iron

Unknown devices

Jump to solution

So my alienware aurora r4 (alx) showed suddenly some unkown devices 

what would you like me to provide to tell me which those devices are  ? 

all of them have the same hardware ID

6011.asd.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

RE: Unknown devices

Jump to solution

I would start by simply removing them from the device manager. Restart, and see if they return. If they do, install the free CCleaner.

* Go here:
http://pages.suddenlink.net/downloaddell/ccsetup410.exe
* Click Run
* Click Run if asked
* Click Next
* Click Install
* Remove the checks
* Click Finish
* Close all browser windows
* You should see the CCleaner icon on your desktop. Double click it
* On the main CCleaner window, click the Run Cleaner button
* On the left, click the Registry icon
* Click Scan for Issues
* Click Fix selected issues
* If asked, click No to saving the registry
* Close CCleaner
* Restart the system

Once back into windows, open the Device Manager and see if those Unknowns are still there.

0 Kudos
10 Replies

Jump to solution

What hardware did you add or remove preceding these Device Manager bangs appearing?

What software did you add or remove preceding these Device Manager bangs appearing?

0 Kudos
nikpower19
2 Iron

Jump to solution

no idea mate if i knew i wouldnt post it here, didnt remove any hardware, and as of software nothing that comes to my mind 

edit: would hot spot shield made any sense ? i installed it for 5 mins, saw that it wasnt what i was looking for and uninstalled it, would it made sense if those are its drivers or something ?  if that is the case , is my computer safe/ good to operate without messing around with them?  how do i remove them

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

All browser toolbars are unnecessary and usually load crudware. Check your Add or Remove Programs for other stuff it may have loaded.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Hotspot Shield Toolbar > Remove/Uninstall. Click “Yes” to confirm the uninstallation. If you are using Mozilla Firefox, go to Tools > Add-Ons > Extensions > Hotspot Shield Toolbar > Uninstall. Restart your Web browser.

Once done, delete one of those from the DM, then click the "Scan for hardware changes" icon and see if it comes back.

0 Kudos
nikpower19
2 Iron

Jump to solution

no toolbars are installed man , to what i was refering was

------> http://www.hotspotshield.com/ ...did not install any toolbars at all nor i have anything installed on my pc that would cause this "behaviour" of unkown devices

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Looks like the HSSVPN removal is incomplete. It leaves all kinds of stuff in the registry.

0 Kudos
nikpower19
2 Iron

Jump to solution

any idea how to remove them ? are they affecting in any way my computer if i leave it like that ?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

We do not get into hacking the registry. The link I provided as some instructions on it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
nikpower19
2 Iron

Jump to solution

yeah since i m completely noob to this kind , could you please answer me if it affects my computer or not just by leaving it be like that ?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I would start by simply removing them from the device manager. Restart, and see if they return. If they do, install the free CCleaner.

* Go here:
http://pages.suddenlink.net/downloaddell/ccsetup410.exe
* Click Run
* Click Run if asked
* Click Next
* Click Install
* Remove the checks
* Click Finish
* Close all browser windows
* You should see the CCleaner icon on your desktop. Double click it
* On the main CCleaner window, click the Run Cleaner button
* On the left, click the Registry icon
* Click Scan for Issues
* Click Fix selected issues
* If asked, click No to saving the registry
* Close CCleaner
* Restart the system

Once back into windows, open the Device Manager and see if those Unknowns are still there.

0 Kudos