Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 5th, 2014 21:00

Unknown devices

So my alienware aurora r4 (alx) showed suddenly some unkown devices 

what would you like me to provide to tell me which those devices are  ? 

all of them have the same hardware ID

6011.asd.png

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 6th, 2014 10:00

I would start by simply removing them from the device manager. Restart, and see if they return. If they do, install the free CCleaner.

* Go here:
http://pages.suddenlink.net/downloaddell/ccsetup410.exe
* Click Run
* Click Run if asked
* Click Next
* Click Install
* Remove the checks
* Click Finish
* Close all browser windows
* You should see the CCleaner icon on your desktop. Double click it
* On the main CCleaner window, click the Run Cleaner button
* On the left, click the Registry icon
* Click Scan for Issues
* Click Fix selected issues
* If asked, click No to saving the registry
* Close CCleaner
* Restart the system

Once back into windows, open the Device Manager and see if those Unknowns are still there.

93 Posts

February 6th, 2014 07:00

no idea mate if i knew i wouldnt post it here, didnt remove any hardware, and as of software nothing that comes to my mind 

edit: would hot spot shield made any sense ? i installed it for 5 mins, saw that it wasnt what i was looking for and uninstalled it, would it made sense if those are its drivers or something ?  if that is the case , is my computer safe/ good to operate without messing around with them?  how do i remove them

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 6th, 2014 07:00

What hardware did you add or remove preceding these Device Manager bangs appearing?

What software did you add or remove preceding these Device Manager bangs appearing?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 6th, 2014 08:00

All browser toolbars are unnecessary and usually load crudware. Check your Add or Remove Programs for other stuff it may have loaded.

Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Hotspot Shield Toolbar > Remove/Uninstall. Click “Yes” to confirm the uninstallation. If you are using Mozilla Firefox, go to Tools > Add-Ons > Extensions > Hotspot Shield Toolbar > Uninstall. Restart your Web browser.

Once done, delete one of those from the DM, then click the "Scan for hardware changes" icon and see if it comes back.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

Looks like the HSSVPN removal is incomplete. It leaves all kinds of stuff in the registry.

93 Posts

no toolbars are installed man , to what i was refering was

------> http://www.hotspotshield.com/ ...did not install any toolbars at all nor i have anything installed on my pc that would cause this "behaviour" of unkown devices

93 Posts

February 6th, 2014 09:00

yeah since i m completely noob to this kind , could you please answer me if it affects my computer or not just by leaving it be like that ?

93 Posts

any idea how to remove them ? are they affecting in any way my computer if i leave it like that ?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

We do not get into hacking the registry. The link I provided as some instructions on it.

93 Posts

February 6th, 2014 10:00

lol it was simply just an uninstal issue i guess, i ll post back if they appear back in any case, 

thanks for the help mate

No Events found!