Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 9th, 2013 22:00

Update Failure

I have a Alienware X51 desktop computer, I shut it down today to install updates. When i came back about 15 minutes later and started it back up it finished installing and such. About 20 minuites later I noticed it wanted to update so i shut it down and started it back up. It was only one update but that one took about 15-20 minutes to download. When it stared back up it hade about 43+k operations to install and when it was configuring it said that it dailed at configuring and it was going to revert to previous save. I tried to update 2 more times,both failed. Now when I try to use the internet it will spontianouly loose connection mids game. This was a offical Alienware update not a installed software update. Any help is awesome. Thanks.

July 10th, 2013 00:00

Hi Skylark97,

It is unfortunate that the updates are not getting installed on your computer, request you to try System restore

Please click on the link below for steps to perform a System Restore

http://bit.ly/yNxo6m

Let us know if this helps

2 Posts

July 10th, 2013 23:00

Thanks for the advice and I will try restoring, the problem it I don't know what time to restore too. I had not used my computer for about 1-1.5 months before i noticed the problem. So, I was wondering if you have any advice. If you didn't I would restore back to the date which I last used my computer, before the failing updates. Thanks again.

July 10th, 2013 23:00

Hi Skylark97,

Thank you for your response,

Please restore the computer to an earlier date when the updates were installed successfully and after completion kindly restart the computer and check as the installation of updates should happen smoothly.

Let us know if this helps

No Events found!