Leslie8080
1 Copper

RE: Upgrade Alienware X51 power supply

Jump to solution

Now Naomi, will the Alienware X51 R2 eventually support other more power GPU's in the years to come?  I do have the gtx 760 ti currently, and I do know that upgrading is going to be limited to the 330w. Will Dell and Radeon and Nvidia work to further support GPU upgrades Past the GTX760ti and the R9 270?

0 Kudos
fivefivesix
1 Copper

Jump to solution
I have the exact same setup that you stated and have been experiencing the same problems ever since i put the 660ti in. I finally resolved it by underclocking the GPU by about 10%
0 Kudos
ange.argy
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Well I have a R2 model with i7 and 330W supply, where can I buy the 760 ti graphics card that will work with my PC. Can you send me a link? Thanks

0 Kudos
malina311
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Could you post links? Or model# ?

0 Kudos
westwoodmao
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello, I have a similar question for X51 R2.

What are the available upgrade of video cards for X51 R2?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
rock17
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have the X-51 with the 240W PSU and recently it started to shut down while playing the same games I use to play before just fine. I am not sure if it is a bad PSU or the card; however, I noticed that  the Geforce 545 isnot longer available.   Is either one of these a reason for the PC to do this?  Can I use the GTX660Ti with this PSU. If not what other GPU can I use?

0 Kudos
Gerry1299
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello Naomi:

I got a gtx 660 video card to install into a Alienware X51 R1.  Question how do Iget the proper power to the card?  The card has a single power jack on it. There are two power leads off the motherboard. Can I use a splitter and use both power jacks forthevideo card?  if so does Alienware sell the splitter by chance?

Gerry

0 Kudos
Jonas200
2 Iron

Jump to solution

the two power connectors you see are the 6-pin type

if your GTX 660 requires 1x6pin connector, then you just plug one of the two into it, you don't need to bother with the second connector.

There is no requirement to use those any of those two connectors, you can buy cards like a GTX 750 that don't have a "power jack".

0 Kudos
JoeGriffith999
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi, is it possible to use an 'EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SSC GAMING ACX 2.0+ 4GB GDDR5' as it seems to use the same amount of power as my current 545

0 Kudos
bkbates2
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I have a alienware x51 manufactured in in 2013. I didn't upgrade my power supply. Im running a 220w and I installed a GTX 750ti. It runs great. Way better then the gt 660 I was using.

0 Kudos