Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

July 24th, 2015 23:00

Upgrade SSD on Aurora R3?

My Aurora R3 came with 2TB in Raid.  (2 x 1TB harddrives  in raid)

I recently bought an SSD and I plan to restore the system to factory original state and/or upgrade to Windows 10 and install the SSD is my Boot/OS Drive.  

It's an HP v300a and it came with Acronis Hard Drive Cloning Software.
Will the Cloning software work on this Raid setup?  

If so, what settings do I need to change in BIOS so I can complete the Upgrade once the SSD is cloned?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

July 28th, 2015 08:00

Hello, 

Just to confirm, you want to keep the 2 1TB Hard Drives in Raid and use an SSD as the primary drive correct? In the Bios, just make sure to have the Sata mode option set to Raid. If the Acronis Hard Drive Cloning Software has the option to create an image on a Raid Sata configuration, it should work. However, we recommend you do a clean installation of Windows when switching the primary Hard Drive. 

15 Posts

July 29th, 2015 00:00

Hi Rodrigo - Thanks for your Reply.   For my Aurora R3:

I have decided I'm going to do a Clean Install of Windows 10 (after the free upgrade with Windows 7 I will setup clean install on SSD)

I want to add the 128gb SSD as primary drive(SATA1) to my system, and move the 2 1TB drives to SATA2, SATA3.   What's the easiest option for me to do this?  

I want to make this as easy as possible... do the 2 1TB drives have to be in Raid?  

I'm not very familiar with the settings in Bios I would need to change.   The system was factory shipped in Raid with 2 1tb HD's, so the settings are something I'm new to and do not know what I should do... 

Thanks for your help.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

July 29th, 2015 11:00

Hello, 

You can install the 2 1TB HDDs in Sata ports 2 and 3 and install the SSD in Sata port 1. What you would need to decide is if you want to keep the 2 1TB Hard Drives in a Raid configuration or if you want to use them for data. To have a better understanding on the different Raid configurations and how to set them up, click here to view a Dell article that explains this. 

No Events found!