Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 23rd, 2011 16:00

Upgraded from windows vista 32 bit, to win7 32 bit, Alienware fusion controller is taking up 60+ cpu usage! Please help!

I've had my alienware since 08 or 09, I had no problems at all for a while even after upgrading too win7 32 bit from vista 32bit! But a few months back my pc got very slow and wouldn't run games very well! Then I found alienware fusion controller was the problem, it would be using 60% of cpu usage an massive memory! I would end task but my led lights would shut off, and the alienware fusion controller would pop back up 10mins later!! So i try updating command center and every update is only for win7 64bit!! I don't know what to do to fix this problem, when I ran the update it just said my processor is not compatible with this package, so I figured it's because I have 32 bit not 64bit. anyone help would be awesome! Oh and btw I try to un stall command center and it won't let me for some reason.

I was just going to unplug the power to the leds and say forget about them, But fusion controller still pops up all the time even when the leds are not plug in! I just want my pc to run good again!

12 Posts

May 27th, 2011 22:00

Easy solution: Reload the OS, upgrades rarely work right (especially from Vista.)

Long solution: Issues like this are rarely easy to find. You might see the symptoms showing up in the AlienFusion program, but it may just be the least common denominator to a bigger issue with a different driver. You could always do a system restore back a couple of months (back up data first) if you have a restore point for it, but I doubt anyone reserves that much space for restore points. You could spend days trying to trace the root cause of the slow down or spend a couple hours to backup your data, verify you have the install keys for your products, and then reinstall from scratch the OS bringing your system back to a new state without errant registry entries or settings that might be the cause. If you continue to have slowdown issues after a reimage then you might want to look at hardware failure as a root cause.

No Events found!