Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2016 07:00

Used alienrespawn now wont boot

My computer has a malware I was running so late I couldn't get rid of it so I decided to do a factory reset I used the alien respawn bootable USB and once it was preparing the hard drive it had an error I restarted I tried to use the quick repair option in the alien respawn bootable USB it said it's fixed it and then when it went to vote it was stuck on the splash screen none of the F function keys would work it starts to load and then get stuck the normal start up even  every option I tried f2 f9 f12 and  delete none of them work tried moving the battery I'm getting rid of all the power tried letting it cool down nothing seems to work my warranty is up so I can't send it in what do i do now.?

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 13th, 2016 11:00

Hi, 

Try turning off the system completely, disconnect the AC adapter, remove the battery again and also remove the ram. After doing this, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then connect everything again and turn on the system to see how it goes. 

2 Posts

May 15th, 2016 17:00

So I did as you suggested took out battery and ram held power by button for 30 or more  and still the same thing for every attempt and use of function keys this is as far as it gets no change and I have tryed a dozen times I'm r

1 Attachment

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

May 16th, 2016 15:00

Hi, 

It may be a hardware issue. Send me your Service Tag in a PM for hardware assistance. 

No Events found!