Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 14th, 2015 23:00

Useless Dell Support or just low quality products?

I don't know where should i write to be heard, so going to write it here!

I bought a new Allienware 17 at the end of November in Russia for working onto my new assignment in a different country (South Korea). What happened, my Brand New Laptop just stopped working after 2 weeks. No damage, no suspicious programms, only Steam, Adobe Creative could and BitDefender were installed.  THe screen just turned black.

I contacted Korean Dell support hoping to get there help. I was kicked. THen i called to a US support and was kicked for 4 hours by the phone. Finally i got the answer that i need to change the Ownership tag. I did that it took me extra 2 more weeks for my request to be processed. 

Happily i called to a Korean Dell support again (which is shamely doesn't speak english!) and they told me: oh, you need to pay unknown amount of money to buy a new Dell warranty for our country! 

On my question how much money: i was answerd: dunno. "It is not my authority to know". Interesting question then Who knows?

It's been 2 month my new machine for almost 3000$ is not working and none of any dell department can help me with it. I bought that machine because was thinking it's the most valuable one and i heard a lot of good things about Dell Customer Services. And it turns that the laptop itself is a piece of junk and no-one can help me with fixing it. 

Such a shame for such a huge company like dell to behave like this! If you have a department in different country you suppose to have the same regulations there as in a headquarter office. Or otherwise you should give the assignment for your customers before buying products: "if you're travelling with our products around the world, we won't give a *** about you, thank you for staying with us".

So the question is: what should i do with the brand new alienware piece of metal? I want my money back or someone from dell who can help me to fix the product they sold me. I feel that my customers rights were offended. 

If you need i can describe the error with the laptop more precisely.

Regards,

Unlucky Alienware Owner

January 21st, 2015 07:00

After 2 months of dancing with a tamburin and buying a new warranty while my current being used for only 2 months Dell Korea sent an engineer to check the problem.

So what do i have: after 2 weeks of usage in my Alienware 17 stopped working: LCD, cable to LCD and graphic card. 

Laptop was used super slightly, no harm no damage and only adobe cloud was installed as extra. 

I'm super shocked. How is it possible at all??? 3 defected products at once! I'm super angry. 

But happy it could be fixed at least. I think the question is closed. But all that made me change my opinion about Alienware and Dell.

97 Posts

January 15th, 2015 00:00

I'm quite satisfied with Dell, but if it makes you feel better I will share you my 'Alienware' experience.

Bought XPS laptop with 3 year warranty...on the 13th month, it broke down (someone with 12month warranty would be really upset!), it got fixed and no problems for the next 3 years.

Last week new Alienware machine arrived and my XPS laptop breaks down (CMOS battery dies) just as I was starting to transfer stuff across!

Then a week after using Alienware machine, I decided to 'activate' it by typing in my service tag and  the next day I start getting Windows errors!

It sounds these machines are built with destruct code or we are just very unlucky people!

January 15th, 2015 03:00

Thank you for sharing your experience :) It makes me feel less lonely in my issue.

But i guess i'm even more unlucky. Because now i recieved another reply from Korean Dell which suggested me to buy korean warranty for 200$ (for my 2 month under warranty laptop) and on my question: can you guarantee that my laptop will be fixed after it? I got a respond: word to word:

"Sorry, We cannot support warranty-extension, if your Laptop has some problem".

I'm sorry, WHAT? So i cannot use Dell support service in Dell if my laptop is broken because of factory or whatever deffect?

Isn't it the best highlight of the day? :)

No Events found!