Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 14th, 2014 18:00

Video Driver Issue Alienware 15 Laptop

Hi,

I searched the forums and didn't find someone with this exact issue recently.  I bought my laptop about 8 months ago and it has been great.  But I have had one issue the three most recent nvidia drivers released (344.65 and the two versions before) when installed they cause my display to go nuts, it is unreadable with horizontal lines and flashing.  

I end up having to boot into safe mode and role back the driver to get a readable screen back.  The last driver that worked for me that I am currently using is 344.11.  I have a Nvidia 765M card.

Anyone else have this issue?  It appears to be a driver issue but the newest driver on my desktop works fine.  Any thoughts on what to do.  I guess I can not upgrade the driver but that may cause gaming issues later.

Thanks

CJG560

• 

2.7K Posts

November 17th, 2014 08:00

You can try to uninstall the driver with this software and then install the latest version again, if the issue persist I will recommend staying with the latest version you find in the Dell support website or with the one you currently have since they are more stable.  

1 Message

November 18th, 2014 13:00

We have the same issue now with 344..75 still the same problem I'm stable with 344.11 try with ddu still the same hope someone can help us asap alienware 14 GTX 765 m

2 Posts

November 22nd, 2014 13:00

Thanks for the reply.  I did go back to the latest version you find in the Dell support website and the problem stopped.  That is good to a certain extent but I now own a gaming laptop that will be hamstrung by not having the latest graphics drivers.  Should I direct complaints to Nvidia at this point or is there some hardware issue?

No Events found!