Highlighted
sagarbhathwar
1 Copper

What are the factory settings for Alienware 17 R3 (AW4175-SLV) ?

Hi,

I bought my Alienware 17 R3 in Nov 2015. Factory settings were perfect until my friends played a prank on me by completely deleting the OS and recovery partition. I had my data backed up on the cloud but the factory settings are completely lost. I could install windows through MS Media creation tool but the factory settings are gone. MS media creation tool only gives vanilla settings. No recovery partition or the factory feel the original OS gave me. Is there any way to get my PC back to factory settings(exactly the same way it was shipped to me)?

-I want to get the Laptop back to the way it was shipped to me

-I want to have my backup in a recovery partition similar to the way it was shipped

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: What are the factory settings for Alienware 17 R3 (AW4175-SLV) ?

Hi, 

All of the system drivers and Alienware applications can be downloaded from the Dell support site. You can use the Dell Backup and Recovery software for creating another recovery partition. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos