Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2017 21:00

What is the reason behind the Thermal Controller Shutting Down notification?

Hello everyone, 

I hope that you could help with explaining what is happening. Today, we I start my PC, which is Alienware Area 52 with Windows 10, I got a notification (photo attached) giving me like a time stamp of the last time I did shutdown my PC where the title of this time stamp is: Thermal Controller Shutting Down. Do I have any problem to be fixed? Is this something usual and if yes, why only starting from today? I have to say that I tried several times to shutdown the PC and every single time I got the same notification but with different time. I'm looking forward to your appreciated help. 

Regards, 

Alderasus  

1 Attachment

1 Message

November 24th, 2017 07:00

Its happening to me also, I have an Alienware area 51 and its happening after the last windows 10 big update (last week, around November 17, 2017)

Is this something to worry about? How do I turn off this notification? Thanks

3 Posts

November 24th, 2017 09:00

Same thing happening to me after the update.

6 Posts

November 28th, 2017 12:00

I'm still waiting for any possible explanation, if you got any such, please share it.

6 Posts

November 28th, 2017 12:00

I'm still waiting for any possible explanation, if you got any such, please share it.

3 Posts

November 28th, 2017 13:00

I have an R5. I called into support and they had me do the following and it fixed my issue.

1. Can you go thru this? , Uninstall – Reinstall Alienware Command Center

2. Please make sure your system has the latest BIOS installed. Alienware Aurora R5 System BIOS

3. After the reinstallation, can you check the lights with this: Alienware: Test lights with AlienFX Tester

November 28th, 2017 13:00

try to uninstall Alienware Command Center, Reboot and install it again.

6 Posts

November 29th, 2017 14:00

Really, many thanks for your appreciated help. Let me please ask you the following questions regarding your solution: 

- My BIOS version is Alienware A12, 17/5/2017. How could I know if this is the latest bios version for my Area 51 R2 Windows 10? Is it possible to avoid updating the bios if my current version is not that old?

- If I delayed the reinstalling of Alienware Command Center until the end of the year, is there any possible consequences? [I'm trying to avoid update anything until I finish a lot of work with the burden of making backups]

Update:

I could check my BIOS version, it is the last version. I followed all instructions of reinstalling the AWCC. However, I got the same issue. Nothing fixed  . Do you have any more thoughts?

And, thank you for your appreciated time. 

3 Posts

November 29th, 2017 17:00

Sorry. I am out of ideas. You may want to open a ticket and tell them that you followed those steps. They may have additional ones.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

November 30th, 2017 11:00

The Command Center is not a windows 10 app so you will get strange Notifications when windows updates.  AKA 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709

DE49B

December 19th, 2017 21:00

I've been having this notification for months.  The thermal controller ( and Alienware Command Center) don't seem to be having any issues and are operating normally everytime I check.  The notification seems to be timed to when I shut down the computer.

My best guess is that the thermal controller is shutting down as part of the normal shutdown sequence and the notification is just coming in during the shutdown.  It's retained by Windows and reported the next time I start up. 

I don't think it's a problem, just a useless notification.

Almost forgot, this is on an Alienware Area 51.

1 Rookie

• 

1.8K Posts

December 19th, 2017 22:00

try the new CmndCtr 4.8.25 for Win10, see what happens

No Events found!