Highlighted
MattI7
2 Iron

What to do with my remaining Pci lane?

Hey guys I have been wondering that I have a spare pci 16x lane availbled (my specs are below). I could either could buy a internal music card or a single slot graphics card or should I just leave the lane a lone? Also I might be considering an ssd for an os boot up drive so I went to maplin to buy a samsung ssd 60gb but the salesman said it does not make much difference only a faster boot up time and said it was a waste of money and wouldnt do much better then a hdd in other apllications.

Alienware Aurora ALX, I7 960 @ Stock effictive (From 10.3.12), Nvidia GTX 580 o/c, Kingston hyper x 6gb tri channel memory 1600mhz @ 1600mhz, Alieware OptX AW 2310 23", 1tb Western Digital Caviar Black x 2 in raid 0, OZC Vertex Plus 120gb (Not working), Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and Dell wireless Pcie intenet

0 Kudos
1 Reply
morblore
5 Rhenium

Re: What to do with my remaining Pci lane?

The salesman is in the wrong line of work. Upgrading to a ssd is one of the few upgrades you can notice in real-life. As far as what to get It's really a personal choice that you need to make.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Area-51 Cosmic Black/Windows 8 64-bit Pro/BIOS A11
Intel Core i7-980x Extreme Edition @ 4.0 ghz/Intel 160gb X-25M SSD Raid-0
6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 DDR3/PNY GeForce GTX 680 SLI/ATI TV Wonder

0 Kudos