Highlighted
pnreinhard
1 Nickel

Where are Aurora Standard Desktops Assembled?

I'm currently waiting for my delayed Aurora Standard DT to be shipped and had an idle thought: With Ireland closing and Miami rumored to be closing, where are Aurora DTs currently assembled for the US market?? Round Rock? Thanks!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
herig1
1 Nickel

Re: Where are Aurora Standard Desktops Assembled?

I believe its Mexico.

0 Kudos
evilping
2 Iron

Do they do the Area 51's there as well?

Evil

0 Kudos
beamermt25
3 Silver

Actually I believe they sent all build work overseas to maylaysia now.. I know some builds were being done in... North carolina? but that was the last US plant to shut down in January if i remember the news article about it.

0 Kudos
evilping
2 Iron

That NC plant actually got a reprieve until April. It was slated to shut down in January but Dell saw a pick up in business so extended it 3 months.

Evil

0 Kudos
rusmo
1 Nickel

For some ethnocentric reason, it'll make me feel better to think my Aurora is being built in the next state over (NC) rather than overseas somewhere. I'd worry about things falling apart in transit.

Also, if every Alienware system is burned in and benchmarked by experts at Alienware, are the guys in Malaysia or Mexico going to be doing this???

0 Kudos
cowboycat
2 Iron

rusmo thats a good question ?

Alienware Aurora,black,17-975 OC 4.0,6gb corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz memory,saphire HD 5850 1gb DDR3 GPU,640gb HD,custom liquid cooling,875 watt psu,DVD/CD RW,BLUray,19&1 reader,window 7 64,AO9 bios

0 Kudos
evilping
2 Iron

There are no experts at Alienware now. They'll burn it in as part of their normal burn in process but I doubt there is anything done that much differently than you'd find on a Studio XPS. I'm sure there's probably a few more QC checks (ie. make sure fins on case raise and lower) but there are no experts doing anything I'm sure.

Evil.

0 Kudos