Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

February 6th, 2010 17:00

Where are Aurora Standard Desktops Assembled?

I'm currently waiting for my delayed Aurora Standard DT to be shipped and had an idle thought: With Ireland closing and Miami rumored to be closing, where are Aurora DTs currently assembled for the US market?? Round Rock? Thanks!!

23 Posts

February 6th, 2010 17:00

I believe its Mexico.

217 Posts

February 6th, 2010 19:00

Do they do the Area 51's there as well?

Evil

468 Posts

February 6th, 2010 19:00

Actually I believe they sent all build work overseas to maylaysia now.. I know some builds were being done in... North carolina? but that was the last US plant to shut down in January if i remember the news article about it.

217 Posts

February 7th, 2010 08:00

That NC plant actually got a reprieve until April. It was slated to shut down in January but Dell saw a pick up in business so extended it 3 months.

Evil

24 Posts

February 8th, 2010 10:00

For some ethnocentric reason, it'll make me feel better to think my Aurora is being built in the next state over (NC) rather than overseas somewhere. I'd worry about things falling apart in transit.

Also, if every Alienware system is burned in and benchmarked by experts at Alienware, are the guys in Malaysia or Mexico going to be doing this???

190 Posts

February 8th, 2010 11:00

rusmo thats a good question ?

217 Posts

February 8th, 2010 11:00

There are no experts at Alienware now. They'll burn it in as part of their normal burn in process but I doubt there is anything done that much differently than you'd find on a Studio XPS. I'm sure there's probably a few more QC checks (ie. make sure fins on case raise and lower) but there are no experts doing anything I'm sure.

Evil.

No Events found!