Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 10th, 2011 02:00

Where is my M11xR2 Bluetooth?

I'm hoping I've missed something really obvious here.

My M11xR2 came with the standard Dell(TM) Wireless 365 Bluetooth 2.1. I have BT enabled in the bios. However, I can't find it in Windows!

I've got wireless connections enabled Fn+F3. I have a BT exchange folder in My Documents. When I go to Control Panel/Devices and Printers/right click on laptop/click on Bluetooth settings nothing visible happens. In Device Manager the only highlighted issue is the ATITool Driver - there're no other unknown devices.

Any ideas?

32 Posts

January 10th, 2011 12:00

That sounds like a sensible place for it. I've got W7Pro and do not have Bluetooth in my Control Panel - one more place it's not in Windows!

25 Posts

January 10th, 2011 12:00

Maybe Im wrong, (someone correct me if I am-Im @ work) My BT settings, etc were located in Control Panel itself.  Start>Control Panel>Bluetooth   I have Windows 7 btw

32 Posts

January 10th, 2011 15:00

Thanks Chris that's my understanding. Fn+F3 does toggle my Wifi on/off but there's no indication that BT is turned on even when wireless is toggled on i.e. even when wireless is on I still can't see BT in any of the places mentioned in my posts above.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 10th, 2011 15:00

Doesn't the FnF3 enable/disable it?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 11th, 2011 01:00

Not sure if this is any help, but on the Aurora desktop for the Dell Wireless 365 BT 2.1 Module  ...

There is a Dell driver that must be installed (likely unique to your model).
The various BT sub-devices show in Device Manager (some in Radios and in Network Adapters)
It shows as it's own icon in Devices and Printers
Right click on the BT icon in the SysTray for settings

32 Posts

Thanks Cobbie. Do you mean the system tray? Good thought. Just checked there now and checked the Customise bit with the entire list of icons and don't see it.

27 Posts

Paul,

I had the same confusion with my M15X, it may be different from the M11x but if you go to the hidden ions tab on the task bar next to the battery indicator. You should see a red bluetooth symbol. Right click this and it should give the option to turn it on, once on it will appear in the device manager.

Again this is what i had to do the M15X, M11 may not be the same but give it a try.

Cobbie.

32 Posts

January 11th, 2011 02:00

That did the trick. Reinstalled the BT driver and it's findable now. I must have disabled it (right click on the system tray icon and there're a few options there to do this!) initially when I got it a few months ago. Would be nice if there was an easier way of re-enabling. Thanks again.

No Events found!