Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2015 02:00

Will my order delay forever?

I've ordered 2 top model alienware alpha in 2015.10.25. The initial estimated delivery date is 11.2.
And then I receive a delay notice says that my order will delay to 11.5.
Fine, 3 days is acceptable.
And till 11.5, I receive the second email says that need my action to consent the delay.
The second estimated delivery date is 11.10.
Fine, I'm a really big fans of alienware, so I click yes.
After long long time waiting, the estimated delivery date changed to 11.20.
Well, I'm really in mad this time.
Online chat to an agent. Tolds me that "Component availability issue", hope I can wait again.
Ok, I bear it.
And you know what, the delay happened again when 11.20.
The date change to 11.30 now.
That's really f-words ridiculous.
I contact the customer care again in 11.25. It's Black friday promotion period.
I ask him how can I do the price match and when can I get my alphas exactly.
And then he tell me they can't do the price match in a order that didn't ship out. And he suggest me to cancel it and reorder.
Fine. I follow the suggestion from the "expert."
I cancel my 10.26 order and reorder a new one after he promise the delay won't happen again.
The new order's estimated delivery date is 12.9.
And then comes another long-waiting.
Then I received a email in 12.9...you got me...It delay again. The date change to 12.11.
Finally, that's why I'm here. Today I received a "Dell Order Delay - action needed today to prevent order cancellation" email.
Such a big company. Can't you make a little console in 2 MONTHS?
If part of this model is unavailable for so long time, why are you keep on selling them on the website?
How long do you want to keep me wait exactly?
I'm a loyalty customer from dell,all of my computer are from alienware, x51, laptop and everything. But this time Dell really disappointed me.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

December 11th, 2015 14:00

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear about the inconvenience. There is probably a certain part in back order needed for the system configuration which could be delaying the process. If you contact the Sales support department with your order number, they should be able to provide more information.

2 Posts

December 11th, 2015 17:00

It shipped out today, is it coincidence or my post in alienware club works?

But anyway, 2 MONTHS to build a console is really ridiculous for Dell.

By the way, I've asked your agent about the black friday promotional before it is on,because I wondering should I wait for promotion to place the order. And then your agent tell me "I'm sure there is no promotion for alpha on BlackFriday, and it's no reason to wait." But you know, it just happened. The top model markdowned from $800 to $650.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

December 15th, 2015 11:00

Hi,

I’m glad to hear it shipped out. I’m sorry you were given false information. We normally do not receive any information about the Black Friday deals until 24 hours before Black Friday.

No Events found!