x58alien
1 Nickel

Will this Power supply work with my Alienware Aurora ALX?

My Desktop has been temperamental for awhile
but now has decided not to Post at all now it used to do this
before but always post when it felt like, but now it wont post at all and there are no Beeps present I also took the ram out and tried one by one but still no luck, I also swapped out the G card for another one I had spare but Still nothing, any help is much appreciated

update : I have reason to believe it is the power supply because I used my spare 500w psu and it posted but no HD was connected and now have bought GX lite coolermaster 700W, it was the closest I could get that looks like the stock, is there any video on how to remove and reroute all the wiring?

I had a look at the wiring etc and just thought maybe an aftermarket psu will disable some alienware stuff? im not sure also I am looking for a direct replcement and have come accross this power supply http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DELL-Precision-T5400-PSU-POWER-SUPPLY-H875E-00-YN642-with-Cables-PD145-YN945-/230980817991?pt=UK_Computing_PowerSupplies_EH&hash=item35c7879447

the part number is H875EF-00 for mine but for the one linked it is H875E-00.. they look identical, and I asked them if it had the same block connector and they confirmed it did , I really need some reinsurance it will work though, this is the reason Im asking, thank you!!!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Alienware-Natal
4 Germanium

Re: Will this Power supply work with my Alienware Aurora ALX?

Hello x58alien,

You should not have any issues with that power supply, and it will not disable any Alienware features. What's the revision of your system (r1, r2, r3 or r4)? so I can help you find a guide on how to remove and replace the power supply.

Alienware-Natalia
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
x58alien
1 Nickel

because im in the process I cannot view the alienware info on the computer but if my mind serves me correct I think its aurora r3? it is lga1366 with a i7 960 and gtx 295, when you say no issues with that power supply are you relating to the ebay link or the coolermaster? thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
schneeball
2 Iron

replacing a PSU is fairly simple X58 most PSU's will come with all the connections you need on your AW system, you just gotta remember where they all go Smiley Happy but you just gotta get the sizing right when replacing it as space is pretty limited in these systems.

M18x R2 3940XM  , 16GB 1600mhz Vengence , 2 x M4 256GB SSD's Raid 0 + Seagate 750GB 7200rpm storgage , Dual 7970m Crossfire , Full HD , Bluray , Nebula RED , Warranty July 25th 2013 , Tactx Keyboard , Tactx mouse , Tactx Headset and Alienware AW2310 23" Screen .

M17x R2 940XM , 8GB DDR3 , 1TB 2 x 500GB Hybrid Raid 0 , Xfire 6970m , Bluray , Beyond HD screen , Nebula Red

M11x R3  i7-2617M  8GB DDR3  256GB SSD Stealth Black

XPS 720  Custom , i7 2700K , Alienware Water cooling  , 16GB Vengence DDR3 , 240GB SSD Raid 0 , 2TB 2 x 1TB Raid0 , xFire 6990's , Bluray

0 Kudos
x58alien
1 Nickel

waiting for your reply Natalia

0 Kudos
x58alien
1 Nickel

bump need a definite answer / guide to put this coolermaster in I kno how do a PSU but i want to make sure all the connections will fit etc etc

0 Kudos
x58alien
1 Nickel

and how to get to all the cables to remove them

0 Kudos
Alienware-Natal
4 Germanium

Hi x58alien,

There is no guide on how to remove all the cables because it's not consider to be replaceable by the customer, I apologize for the misunderstanding, I thought you were asking about the ebay one, for the coolermaster I cannot assure functionality since it's not supported by Dell.  

Alienware-Natalia
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
x58alien
1 Nickel

so the ebay one will work? ill proceed to send the coolermaster one back and get the ebay linked one?

0 Kudos
Alienware-Natal
4 Germanium

The one that will definitely work on your system is this one:

Part # W299G (Dell Precision T5500 875W Power Supply)

Alienware-Natalia
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos