Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 8th, 2016 03:00

Windows 10 can't detect Nvidia GPU, I'm lost...

So here is the deal; after weeks of "please install w10" spam i finally caved in an installed w10 on my Alienware laptop m17x. After doing so, my computer forgot about the Nvidia card installed and no matter what i tried it wouldn't detect the GPU. So i used the regret button and went back to my original w7 setup, but my problem followed me and still it cant detect my Nvidia GPU. I tried to install and reinsall the GeForce Explorer, but nothing. Any suggestions please?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

January 8th, 2016 18:00

Now running Windows 7-64, right?

Run PSA or ePSA (Diags, outside of Windows) and see if NVidia card is detected and tested.

You can also try Safe-Mode.

Finally, you might want to try a fresh/clean install of Windows-7 and base drivers (chipset first). You can Image Backup your current install first.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

January 8th, 2016 13:00

Hello, 

Unfortunately, according to the policy document, the M17x series will not be supported on Windows 10. Some users have successfully installed Windows 10 on these non-supported systems. But they did all the driver investigation (example = installing 7/8/8.1 drivers) to force it to work. Dell does not have the resources to do this on non-supported systems. You could also try posting this on the Notebook Review and Alienware Arena forums for this assistance.

2 Posts

January 9th, 2016 02:00

Seems I have ro do a clean install to get everything back to normal. Thanks for answers, but why is there no support for w10? And is there any tip on how to loose the w10 spam?

No Events found!