kenthurgood
3 Silver

Re: Windows 8 on Aurora R4 ... anyone ???

Hi,

I also have been using Windows since 3.1 and couldn't agree more. Win 8 I think is going to hurt Microsofts bottom line.

If I wanted a tablet OS, I'd have bought a tablet. I sent a message to Chris M saying ` I hope Dell put away a few million Win 7 licences for people who definitely will not go for Win 8'.

For true computer enthusiasts, I don't know what Microsoft was thinking.

0 Kudos
lynne4270
3 Zinc

I think you are right, Windows 8 was not a good move for MIcrosoft. Two days ago, my Grand Daughter bought a laptop at BestBuy with Windows 8 on it. She called me this AM and said she hates it as did the other two girls in her dorm room. She asked if there was a way to put Windows 7 on it. My suggestion was to take it back to BestBuy and ask them. That is not a good sign when three 19 year old girls don't like it and want to dump it after 2 days. I think Windows 7 OS programs are going to be a big seller in the near future.

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Thallium

I think you are right, Windows 8 was not a good move for MIcrosoft. Two days ago, my Grand Daughter bought a laptop at BestBuy with Windows 8 on it. She called me this AM and said she hates it as did the other two girls in her dorm room. She asked if there was a way to put Windows 7 on it. My suggestion was to take it back to BestBuy and ask them. That is not a good sign when three 19 year old girls don't like it and want to dump it after 2 days. I think Windows 7 OS programs are going to be a big seller in the near future.

I'm guessing it's the missing Start-Button that's throwing them off ...

Check out either ...

Start-8 ($5 ... and free to try)

http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

Classic-Shell ($0)

http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
beau511
2 Iron

Hi again.

Follow up from my first  response, I am starting to get used to it , no start button , but I am getting used to that also

like daddyz my start up is very fast but shutting down is very slow sometimes.

One thing I have a hard time with is the 2 internet explorers 9+10 I still don't understand why they did that but after a week I can't understand the 10 . I have problems with my live mail also , it sticks on receiving mail and I have to reboot never

happened to me since windows 3,1.

I found in it some great free games though similar to the famous bros , at 71 I still enjoy but I miss windows 7 Freecell, there is one but different than the original.

I still have a lot to understand in windows 8 and Microsoft should worry , it could be a major flop.

Claude

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                        

0 Kudos