Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 18th, 2017 04:00

Windows Hello Alienware 15R3

"New" Refurb 15R3 from the outlet. Amazing computer so far. Miles away from my 13" Macbook.

Problem is I cant get Windows Hello to work. Every time I try to set it up it say "Cant turn on camera. Make sure its working properly". The camera works great in the app and in Skype. I have my Microsoft acct tied to the computer and I have a PIN set up.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the drivers from the dell support site associated with my service tag .

Any ideas?

4 Posts

February 22nd, 2017 03:00

Working now. I cleaned the system of the camera drivers, Tobii software, and all Tobii references then a full shutdown restart. Once back up I let windows install the camera instead of running the package from the Dell site. Then I installed the Tobii Aware package from the Tobii website. Tobii and Windows Hello are finally working.

4 Posts

February 19th, 2017 02:00

Anyone?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

February 20th, 2017 12:00

Hi, 

Try reinstalling the webcam driver, the Realtek IR Camera driver and the Tobii Software here:

http://dell.to/2lEvA9h

4 Posts

February 20th, 2017 18:00

Uninstalled both the camera and the Tobii software then reinstalled both (camera first). Windows Hello still does not work. Tobii also never connects - just keeps "connecting".

No Events found!