Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2011 17:00

Windows boot logo resetted back to the original

Hi there again, i currently have a problem after i installed cc cleaner and nod32 antivirus - one of those two cleaned my boot path and resetted the windows logo back to the original form.  I used to have the pic on this video * forget the name of the video it was the only one showing the correct image* at the minute 2.16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=pnn7ToVo6VQ    on my aurora r2.

My question is, how can i "install" back the same image on my windows boot loader <_

18 Posts

November 4th, 2011 17:00

Oh yes and where can i find the same image/file also - if anyone could upload it somewhere it would be appreciated :o

18 Posts

November 4th, 2011 18:00

- fixed <.<

If you have the same problem , first check if the back ground image is present here:

C:\Windows\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds

If the image is present , gon ur start bar and tipe regedit then HKKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background

And change the OEMBackground value from 0 to 1   /  0 disabled -   1 enabled

restart the system and if everything went fine you should be already able to see the alienware background

Ps: anyone who uses ad-aware should restrain himself from doing strange stuff with the program since it causes some weird problems

10 Posts

November 4th, 2011 19:00

Thanks for the info.  Good to know.

I had an m17x R1 and it was full of problems, (part of the first set with DPC issues.)

I reinstalled windows and could never figure out how to get my original Alienware Login screen back.

Nonetheless, I returned that thing anyways.... ;)

No Events found!