Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 4th, 2013 14:00

X51 Alienware Command center not loading up

Ok I may have a stupid question, I just got my Alienware X51 (Win 8) today and have it all set up. I opened my command center and changed the colors once, but now when I try to open it, it doesnt open. When I click on it, I get the Icon popping up in the middle of my screen, but then nothing else happens. Am I doing something wrong? Seems odd for it to stop after using it once.

835 Posts

April 4th, 2013 16:00

Hello jjoplyn,

Re install the command center:

How to uninstall and reinstall the Alienware Command Center? 

Let me know how it goes.

15 Posts

You want me to uninstall and reinstall when the computer is barely a few hours old? EEP!

15 Posts

ok that is great and all, but can you give me a link on how to do it with WIndows 8? I am in the file explorer and I cannot find an organize button to find the folder and search options.

15 Posts

April 4th, 2013 17:00

I went into the control panel and uninstalled it and then went to DELLS site and installed a fresh 2.8 and restarted my computer. The command center works fine now and I have already changed the colors a few times.

15 Posts

I am a complete moron, can you possibly delete my other posts after the response you gave me? LOL. I got it Fixed.

835 Posts

How did you fix it?

15 Posts

Can I just install it again from Dells site? I see one that says Command Center 2.8 for Desktops? Can I just run that and install or do I have to go through a whole huge mess of things?

835 Posts

Uninstall the current version first from "Programs and features" in the Control Panel and re start the system. Then, go to C:\Program Files\Alienware and right click on the "Command Center" folder and delete it, after you delete the folder, press the Win+R (Windows key plus the "R" key) and type "regedit.exe" and click on run. Once in the registry, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Alienware and right click on the Alienware AlienFX folder and delete it.

After that, you can go ahead and download and re install the Command Center 2.8

No Events found!