Highlighted
sharpington
1 Copper

X51, GTX555, Windows 8, Optimus Graphics Switching Not Working

Just upgraded my original X51 to windows 8. However not a single driver I've downloaded will will allow the GTX555 to start being used and switch into it. Tried the recommened driver on dell's site, latest GEForce one, which is like 306.xxx. Currently using 296.36 driver for card, and this isn't working either. Help would be greatly appreciated; want to get gaming again! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: X51, GTX555, Windows 8, Optimus Graphics Switching Not Working

sharpington,

I do not see a specific GTX555 Windows 8 driver on our X51 website. The only one I see on the X51 Windows 8 page is for the GT620 and GT640. On the Aurora-R4 page, this Windows 8 285.76 driver under "Applies to" list the GTX555. Give it a shot.

0 Kudos
Tesla1856
6 Gallium

Have you installed the latest Intel chipset drivers and the Intel video drivers (for the other part of hybrid video).

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.              

0 Kudos