Highlighted
kunks0303
1 Nickel

X51 Issues Starting

Greetings,

I came back from a 3 day vacation and my PC was running sluggish, so I decided to reboot.

Upon reboot, the windows 8 splash screen shows, and the circle animation spins for about 1 minute, then it restarts and tries again over and over infinitely.

The problem is, I cannot boot by CD/DVD even though it gives me the option, it will not work. I tried booting with the recovery DVD, and a Windows disc, and neither will work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dell-Rajesh R
5 Tungsten

Re: X51 Issues Starting

Hi kunks0303,

Run diagnostics on the computer. Restart the computer and tap F12 at Dell logo and Select Diagnostics.

Refer the following link which has steps to isolate the issue:

http://dell.to/13VnxCM

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh R
#iworkfordell
To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
If a post answers your question, please click "
Yes".

0 Kudos
kunks0303
1 Nickel

The error code I got was

2000-0142

Short self test unsuccessful.

The problem I'm having is that I cant boot from CD and I even tried the direct usb diagnostic which I couldn't boot from as well.

0 Kudos
Dell-Rajesh R
5 Tungsten

Hi kunks0303,

2000-0142 error indicates hard drive failure and we need to replace the hard drive on the computer.

If the computer has active warranty I shall go ahead and arrange for a service to replace the part.

Check warranty status: http://dell.to/10pMa86

Kindly private message me the service tag of the computer. To private message the service tag click my User name and click Start conversation.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh R
#iworkfordell
To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
If a post answers your question, please click "
Yes".

0 Kudos