Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2014 16:00

X51 R1 and EVGA Hadron Air

I've been looking into getting a new case, GPU and PSU for my Alienware X51 R1. Is the EVGA Hadron Air compatible with the X51 R1 motherboard? I can't find anything specific online but have been told it's Mini-ITX. Is that correct? The reason I want to get this case is that it comes with a built-in 500W PSU, which would save me having to buy a PSU separately. 

2 Posts

January 13th, 2015 11:00

I just installed my X51 R1 in a Hadron Hydro which is dimensionally similar but slightly taller (to accommodate a radiator for water cooling, which I didn't use). It was fairly easy to do. You will need a new slim SATA/Power cable for the DVD drive and either put a compatible connector on the case's power button/power led wires so that it mates to the daughter board or splice the original onto the leads. Other than that it is pretty much plug and play. 

I went this route because I purchased a GTX970 and was having power issues with the original configuration.

Luc

1 Message

January 17th, 2015 19:00

thank you for this info; I want to do exactly what you did!  could you please provide a link to a DVD drive cable and a compatible power button connector that would work?  I haven't opened my x51 yet and I wanted to know exactly what I would need beforehand, thank you!

No Events found!