Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 31st, 2016 13:00

X51 R3 Will not boot up after system restore

I have had my Alienware X51 R3 since January, and it has been doing great till last month when every time I tried to go to my history on Google Chrome, it would go to a screen saying it needed to restart.

I decided to do a system restore but the restore never finished, my computer just went to a black screen.

Now every time I try to boot up my computer all I get is the Alienware logo and the spinning dots, it will glitch halfway thru the booting process and continue with the spinning dots, then the screen goes black.

Any ideas how to fix it?

30 Posts

August 4th, 2016 09:00

www.techbout.com/.../

The above link has all the options for this problem.

Just click on the link above.

Hope this helps.

57 Posts

July 31st, 2016 20:00

If you would try booting into safe mode using the below instructions it may work.  If safe mode does work for you let me know.

1) Turn PC on and immediately start tapping F8 repeatedly until advanced startup appears (you might need to repeat this step a few times to get to advanced start up).

Win7/8/8.1/10 should all look similar here

2) Go to Safe Mode and press enter.  

Let the computer attempt to boot into safe mode and let me know if it does.  If it does not then turn the PC off and let me know.

4 Posts

August 1st, 2016 18:00

No that did not work, I was not able to get into safe mode. I looked up ways to get into safe mode with Windows 10 and basically there isn't a way to get in when you can't boot up, not that I have found.

57 Posts

August 1st, 2016 22:00

I would contact warranty support and get the product serviced.  Most likely the OS is corrupt or damaged and needs fixed.  It might be best to let Alienware do that under warranty.

However, if you would like I could walk you through some steps to try to fix it.

No Events found!