Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 29th, 2017 20:00

X51 hard disk not found

Installed a new hard drive. Get the error saying it isn't found and no bootable devices but in the BIOS the hard drive is listed and when I run the test it waits for a bit but it recognizes the new drive. What do I do?

21 Posts

July 4th, 2017 10:00

Backing up all my files at the moment. My computer needs a babysitter or else it will make an error

103 Posts

Yay! Is it not exhilarating when you are able to access BIOS again?

Personally, instead of having a recovery drive, I'd rather keep a backup of my files and reinstall my system whenever I meet wacky errors.

103 Posts

No, you do not need a recovery partition. Windows 10 key is injected into your mobo. You need your mobo.

Plus reinstalling your system gives you a fresh system. Why not use SSD? Some are on sale right now (ebay).

21 Posts

i can't create a recovery drive anyways alien re spawn won't let me. So backing up files is the only thing. I honestly thought I needed a recovery drive in order to use my new hdd

21 Posts

Well I am backing up everything rn. I would like an ssd sure but I already have the HDD right now. A seagate 2 tb barracuda. And as Far as I know the SSDS are triple the price of HDDS. Like the Samsung 850 is like 300+ for 1 tb 

July 4th, 2017 11:00

Rhenium wrote:

Ehh, samsung SSDs are way overpriced. I'd rather have a Crucial SSD.

all SSDs are overpriced at the Moment. due to high Demend they are even more Expensive right now and it might get even worse until the End of the Year. better wait until the Crisis is over Guys.

good Job with BIOS Reset btw.

103 Posts

How do you do backup? I prefer manual backup.

Copy your game saves, photos, documents, etc. into an external drive. Manually. The rest are destroyed

21 Posts

Still backing up I feel like the WDS is the only option for ssd right now price wise. But hopeful it will actually back up everything this time. I get many errors when I try and backup

21 Posts

July 4th, 2017 13:00

I'm letting the pc download everything. Including drivers 

21 Posts

July 5th, 2017 11:00

Update. Have backed up and re-inserted my hdd along with an SSD but no bootable devices found and no hard disk found message once again. So I am going to take out the hdd and just start the pc with the ssd connected to see if it boots from there. I went to BIOS and chose to boot from the USB external drive but nothing happened so that's the only option.

21 Posts

July 5th, 2017 18:00

Yo I can't like use the other hard drive still can anyone help me out? I've backed up my files in my ssd. I've inserted my other hard drive and tried to boot from ssd but idk what in doing wrong it just won't boot correctly.

103 Posts

July 5th, 2017 19:00

Did you install a new operating system in the SSD?

Avoid cloning systems.

Also, try to reinstall Windows in AHCI mode.

I had a similar problem. Windows 10 did install properly but system shut down immediately when I log in.

I changed my SATA operation to AHCI and my system is now flawless.

21 Posts

July 5th, 2017 19:00

It's in AHCI already. The OS should be in the SSD. Just isn't working.

103 Posts

July 5th, 2017 20:00

Try to check the boot loader order.

Try to disable secure boot and/or fast startup.

Update your BIOS too.

Make sure you install Windows in UEFI mode.

Lastly, could it be your Intel SATA AHCI driver problem?

I mean, the last option is unlikely. However, during Windows installation, you can update your SATA AHCI controller driver.

Get the driver from Intel.com make sure it is the correct version.

Download the small size one (not an *.exe driver). The drive is in *.zip file and needs to be extracted to an empty flash drive.

Click load driver during choosing Windows partition.

21 Posts

July 6th, 2017 17:00

I'll try but I doubt that's the issue

No Events found!