Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 11th, 2013 06:00

X51 keeps freezing, beeping!

true

Hi everyone, i am having this problem for a month or so only after warranty have expired, ZZZZ.. Keeps freezes when booting up, have updated graphics card driver from dell website, only to know from some site that we have to update the driver from nvidia website but now i am unable to boot into windows to reinstall the drivers. I read up it could be the psu overheating.. Can anyone tell me what is the main cause of the beeping and how to stop the freezing problem ? 

October 11th, 2013 07:00

Hi Keith lim,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as suggested previously to perform the diagnostics on the computer to identify the issue with the hardware or the software. Please let us know if the Diagnostics were performed on the computer and if yes, did the entire test pass successfully and if not, did you notice any error message as such? If there are any such beep codes or LED code patterns make a note of the same and let us know.

Please let us know all the details so we can check as what to be done.

9 Posts

October 11th, 2013 07:00

Hi Manuwar P,

Did all the test as instructed every test went smoothly, no error detected. Same problem occured after booting to windows, there is a continuous beeping after restarting. Unable to boot up, not even bios screen.

• 

2.7K Posts

October 11th, 2013 10:00

The computer might emit a series of beeps during start-up if there are errors or problems. This series of beeps are called beep codes; in this article you will find a table to identify the problem.

9 Posts

October 13th, 2013 08:00

it is a continuous beeping sound.  none in the article... any suggestions

• 

2.7K Posts

October 14th, 2013 14:00

Yes is the first one.

If you hear one on going beep, and if you are not even able to see the POST screen, it that means that the motherboard might be failing.  

9 Posts

October 14th, 2013 21:00

Sometimes i am able to boot into windows but sometimes it keeps restarting and the beep sound keeps going. Is therr anything that can do to help ? This problem only occurs after my warranty expires... any luck in helping to fix the situation ?

October 15th, 2013 07:00

Hi Keith lim,

Thank you for your response, it seems like the issue’s with the hardware and as suggested by DELL-Milena M the motherboard might be failing. As sometimes the system allows you to boot, please try updating and flashing the BIOS on the computer by clicking the link below.
http://dell.to/1dFtXxL
Type in the Service tag, under Drivers and downloads select the operating system and install the BIOS and update the same accordingly. If after updating the BIOS if the same happens you might consider changing the Motherboard on the computer.

Let us know if this helps.

9 Posts

October 15th, 2013 11:00

Hi Manuwar P,

Did the bios update, was on version A03 and upgraded to version A12. Upgrading all the recommended drivers, hopefully this works for me. Thanks in advance for the help, very much appreciated.

9 Posts

October 15th, 2013 11:00

Hi Manuwar P,

Got two errors when i am trying to Seagate ST31000524AS Firmware Update, you know anything about this error ? 

7848.2013-10-16 01_40_52-Operation has completed with errors..png2013-10-16 01_41_19-Error.png

October 17th, 2013 07:00

Hi Keith lim,

Thank you for your response, It’s great to know that you were able to download the latest version of BIOS and all associated drivers.
Regarding the Seagate firmware update as long as your computer’s (hard drive) working fine you don’t have to install this firmware.
Please ignore this update as of now and as you have installed all the other updates on the computer let’s keep the computer under observation for the next 2-3 days and see if your system works fine.

Do reply us with your findings.

9 Posts

October 18th, 2013 04:00

Hi Munawar P,

On the 3rd day, freezes twice and a BSOD came after. was trying to attach some 308kb screen shots but i exceeded the maximum file size of 64kb ? i had the event log for the pass few days but was unable to attached as well. any other way i can show them to u ?

October 20th, 2013 08:00

Hi Keith lim,

Thank you for your response, as we’ve tried running the diagnostics to isolate the issue with the hardware or the software.
Looks like the hardware is working fine and might be a slight problem with the software and in order to fix that we might have to restore the computer to factory reset.

NOTE: Back up all data before initiating a system recovery.

Please click on the below mentioned link which has information on how to use AlienRespawn to restore the computer to factory settings.
http://dell.to/HbqKI9

Please complete these steps and let us know your findings.

9 Posts

November 17th, 2013 06:00

Hi Munawar,

Did a reformat as instructed. Still facing the same problem, any other suggestions? Getting quite fustrated with the issue.

November 19th, 2013 08:00

Hi Keith lim,

Thank you for your response and I appreciate your patience.
After we have restored the computer to factory reset apart from freezing issue is your computer also making the beep sounds?
Please try removing and reseating the memory on the computer and let us know after this if the computer still freezes.
Click on the below link to download the Manuals which is helpful in guiding for removal and reseating of the memory modules.
http://dell.to/17kQSe1

Please complete these steps and let us know your findings, if in case this does not resolve the issue then please consider replacing the motherboard on the computer.

7 Posts

September 30th, 2014 18:00

I know this is old, but I wanted to list what I did to solve this problem, should someone else have the same issue. I too have a Dell POS Alienware computer. After 1 year of constant freezing, I found the culprit.

So - if you notice, the INSIDE SIDE OF THE CASE (bottom left corner if you are looking at the SIDE OF THE CASE THAT COMES OFF) that comes off has this little metal connection that rests ON THE INSIDE of the CASE and appears to touch the POWER SUPPLY or something. After removing THE LITTLE PLASTIC METAL CONNECTION and cutting the wires so it is no longer on the INSIDE/BOTTOM of the INSIDE case and touching the POWER SUPPLY connector - I NO LONGER HAVE ANY ISSUES.

NOT SURE WHY this is there, maybe it's there so you have to have the case cover on before you power the PC, but after removing that I NO LONGER HAVE ANY PROBLEMS. 1 week of running with no issues and this is the only thing I did.

So - in a nutshell, this solved it for me...no more issues!

No Events found!