Keith lim
1 Nickel

X51 keeps freezing, beeping!

true

Hi everyone, i am having this problem for a month or so only after warranty have expired, ZZZZ.. Keeps freezes when booting up, have updated graphics card driver from dell website, only to know from some site that we have to update the driver from nvidia website but now i am unable to boot into windows to reinstall the drivers. I read up it could be the psu overheating.. Can anyone tell me what is the main cause of the beeping and how to stop the freezing problem ? 
0 Kudos
16 Replies

RE: Alienware x51 keeps freezing!

Hi Keith lim,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as suggested previously to perform the diagnostics on the computer to identify the issue with the hardware or the software. Please let us know if the Diagnostics were performed on the computer and if yes, did the entire test pass successfully and if not, did you notice any error message as such? If there are any such beep codes or LED code patterns make a note of the same and let us know.

Please let us know all the details so we can check as what to be done.

Thanks and Regards,
Munawar P
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India.
For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos
Keith lim
1 Nickel

RE: Alienware x51 keeps freezing!

Hi Manuwar P,

Did all the test as instructed every test went smoothly, no error detected. Same problem occured after booting to windows, there is a continuous beeping after restarting. Unable to boot up, not even bios screen.

0 Kudos

RE: X51 keeps freezing, beeping!

The computer might emit a series of beeps during start-up if there are errors or problems. This series of beeps are called beep codes; in this article you will find a table to identify the problem.

Alienware-Milena
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Keith lim
1 Nickel

it is a continuous beeping sound.  none in the article... any suggestions

0 Kudos

Yes is the first one.

If you hear one on going beep, and if you are not even able to see the POST screen, it that means that the motherboard might be failing.  

Alienware-Milena
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Keith lim
1 Nickel

Sometimes i am able to boot into windows but sometimes it keeps restarting and the beep sound keeps going. Is therr anything that can do to help ? This problem only occurs after my warranty expires... any luck in helping to fix the situation ?

0 Kudos

Hi Keith lim,

Thank you for your response, it seems like the issue’s with the hardware and as suggested by DELL-Milena M the motherboard might be failing. As sometimes the system allows you to boot, please try updating and flashing the BIOS on the computer by clicking the link below.
http://dell.to/1dFtXxL
Type in the Service tag, under Drivers and downloads select the operating system and install the BIOS and update the same accordingly. If after updating the BIOS if the same happens you might consider changing the Motherboard on the computer.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Munawar P
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India.
For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos
Keith lim
1 Nickel

Hi Manuwar P,

Did the bios update, was on version A03 and upgraded to version A12. Upgrading all the recommended drivers, hopefully this works for me. Thanks in advance for the help, very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Keith lim
1 Nickel

Hi Manuwar P,

Got two errors when i am trying to Seagate ST31000524AS Firmware Update, you know anything about this error ? 

7848.2013-10-16 01_40_52-Operation has completed with errors..png2013-10-16 01_41_19-Error.png

0 Kudos