Highlighted
Wryn
1 Copper

X51 reboots during gaming!

Hi I just bought the x51 r2 from walmart and when I got home and installed titanfall, along with a few other steam games and even sim city, the computer system reboots anywhere from immediately to about 35 minutes into playing the game. Ive done all the things ive read online like turnig off pcie gen. What do I do now. It runs great otherwise. only change I've made is adding another 4 gigs ram to it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tesla1856
6 Gallium

RE: x51 reboots during gaming!!!!!!!!!

Try returning ram memory dimms to original factory config.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.
0 Kudos
Alienware-Naomi
4 Germanium

Hi!

As Tesla suggested, you should first test the computer with the original memory configuration. 

I would also recommend you run an AlienAutopsy gaming test. Keep and eye for the GPU and CPU temperatures during the test and make sure the video drivers and BIOS are up to date.

Let me know how it goes!

Alienware-Naomi
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Wryn
1 Copper

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately when the memory stick is removed nothing changes and all hardware is running efficiently. I have the x51 in a custom case with 3 fans 2 are around 3 1/2 inches  to 4 inches in diameter. And one pushes air and the other pulls. Then there a new higher output fan on the cpu. nothing is overclocked or modded. From what I read on another forum the problem is motherboard related. 

0 Kudos
Alienware-Naomi
4 Germanium

RE: X51 reboots during gaming!

Please be more specific about the troubleshooting you did and provide additional information so we can help you further:

• Did you just remove the RAM sticks or did you installed the original memory back as Tesla said?
  • What are the results from the AlienAutopsy test? What are the temperatures readings on idle and during stress?
  • Did you try a clean installation of the video drivers as explained here? What BIOS version are you running? 
  • I also recommend you run an ePSA diagnostic. 

Alienware-Naomi
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos