Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 3rd, 2013 01:00

Youtube on Google chrome Crashes my PC.

Operating system: Windows 8.1
Chrome versoin: 31.0.1650.57

I recently purchased a Alienware 18 with windows 8. I recently upgraded to windows 8.1 and everytime I watch youtube, eventually, my pc will completely freeze with looping audio and I will have to hard reset my PC. Does any body know why this would happen? This issue has persisted on my Pc when I had windows 8 before on my PC so I don't really think it has anything to do with windows 8.1.

1.8K Posts

May 19th, 2014 08:00

Alright, keep me updated! If you have any other questions let me know. 

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

December 3rd, 2013 02:00

Hi DestroyerRB,

Please try with another browser and check if the issue persists. In addition Please shut down the computer and then run the hardware diagnostics, follow the steps below.

Press the Fn + power this will intitate the hardware diagnostics. Let us know if there is any error code listed.

6 Posts

May 14th, 2014 23:00

This EXACT thing is happening to me right now and I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. I tried what the representative who answered your question suggested, still nothing.

1.8K Posts

May 15th, 2014 10:00

This EXACT thing is happening to me right now and I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT. I tried what the representative who answered your question suggested, still nothing.

Hi!

Is the problem only on Youtube or browsing in general? Have you tried videos from other websites? Is the problem only on Google Chrome or does it also affect other browsers?

For better assistance, please update the thread with more information about the problem you're having.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 15th, 2014 13:00

My apologies for the late response. I have done what you said and as a matter of fact Firefox works fine. Even then though, I want to use Google Chrome as it's my web browser of choice. . I will try that power diagnostic sometime and tell you my results. If there is any way to rectify this issues please let me know.

Thank you for your feedback and time.

1.8K Posts

May 15th, 2014 14:00

If the problem is only on Google Chrome, I recommend you start by re-installing the application. 

Let me know how it goes!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Will do on the reinstall! Will keep you informed!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

The issue lies in videos in general on Google Chrome it will crash on youtube and, notably faster, on services such as Vimeo or built in browser videos. I have stated before that I am using Firefox, as it works and does not crash my PC. But as stated before though Chrome is my choice of web browser and I would like to use it with no crashing. This is a great computer but it's sad when I can't use chrome on it.  If anyone knows the answer to this issue please do not hesitate to tell me. I have tried from compatibility mode to switching to intergrated graphics on my CPU figuring it could be my GPU's fault nothing works... it keeps crashing.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Operating System: (Still) Windows 8.1

Google Chrome Version:

Version 34.0.1847.137 m

6 Posts

May 15th, 2014 21:00

This is what happens to my computer!!!

6 Posts

May 15th, 2014 21:00

Look at my video below

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 16th, 2014 05:00

Hit the nail on the head +JCF0R3VER. That is the exact same problem I am getting I will uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome later but to my recollection I believe I remember doing this and it did not help. JCFOREVER what Operating system are you running on by the way and have you uninstalled Chrome and reinstall it? This also happens when I run a program known as FlStudio. Hypothetically speaking Alienware team, if I did uninstall Chrome and still receive this issue what would you suggest for me to do about this highly vexing issue?

1.8K Posts

May 16th, 2014 15:00

jcfor3ver,

You didn't specify if the problem affects just Google Chrome or other browsers and if happens when you watch videos in general or not. 

Please give us more details about the problem so we can provide better assistance. 

1.8K Posts

May 16th, 2014 15:00

Hit the nail on the head +JCF0R3VER. That is the exact same problem I am getting I will uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome later but to my recollection I believe I remember doing this and it did not help. JCFOREVER what Operating system are you running on by the way and have you uninstalled Chrome and reinstall it? This also happens when I run a program known as FlStudio. Hypothetically speaking Alienware team, if I did uninstall Chrome and still receive this issue what would you suggest for me to do about this highly vexing issue?

We should try to rule out the software part first. It's very unlikely that a hardware issue would only affect 2 applications, but you can run the ePSA diagnostic to check for hardware errors. 

If the issue persists and nothing comes up on the hardware test, I would recommend doing a Clean Boot to check if another application is confronting with Youtube and FlStudio. If the problem started happening after you installed some software or driver updates, you could also try to do a System Restore or factory reset using AlienRespawn

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 16th, 2014 19:00

Right, my thoughts exactly, I hate to wipe my PC but it would be wise to find out which driver is causing this issue before I start downloading programs galore. I will run this application you have given me, I will update you if I can fix this problem.

No Events found!