Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 9th, 2016 13:00

alienware 13 r2 doesn't turn on

First of all excuse my English - it's not perfect. I've bought alienware 13 R2 week ago. All looks perfect before today. I've closed lid - it turned to sleep mode. AC adapter was disconnected. After few hours it doesn't turned on. The main problem is - I've bought it in Russia, but tomorrow I'll go to Belarus for 6 months. Is there any way to get warranty support in Belarus?

Thanks

4 Posts

April 10th, 2016 03:00

UPD: finally my alienware comes alive. All I needed - to unplug CMOS battery and plug it again

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 9th, 2016 18:00

I'm having this exact same issue! Closed the lid, now it won't wake. Tried holding down the power button to reset, no luck. Attempted to open the back to reset the battery but the design is extremely poor and the battery cannot easily be removed.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 9th, 2016 19:00

Finally got the battery disconnected. Used my nail to lever it out very carefully. Tried a power drain by holding down the power button with the battery out. Reseated RAM and HDD. Reconnected battery. Tried turning on. Nothing... Will not turn on at all.

4 Posts

April 9th, 2016 23:00

UPD: one USB port (near AC port) has power, battery discharging and charging on plug AC (I see the lights on the power button).

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 10th, 2016 00:00

I found a solution! Try following www.dell.com/.../SLN301252 If that fails, repeat the process but do the same for CLRP1, CLRP2 and CLRP3.

No Events found!