Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

8 Posts

March 24th, 2019 16:00

15 R4, GPU fan spins up and down

hi
the last 3-4 days my system fan spins up and down and i don't know why. this happens when i am not doing anything or using my browser. when i am playing game fans work properly. when this happens the fan's spin range is between 30-80%. what can i do to fix this?

fan spin range.png

8 Posts

March 23rd, 2019 10:00

hi
the last 3-4 days my gpu fan spins up and down and i don't know why. this happens when i am not doing anything or using my browser. when i am playing game fans work properly. when this happens the fan's spin range is between 30-80% what can i do to fix this?

fan spin range.png

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 26th, 2019 08:00

Hi @NobodyGR

Fans are automatically adjusted with the BIOS Fan table for optimum performance. This is not an issue with the system that requires repair. Now, if you want to customize it, there are 3rd party apps that can do that for you. SpeedFan, HWInfo, etc.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 26th, 2019 09:00

No, no repair or software update needed. There is no issue with the system. That is just the way it works.

But if you want to control the fans manually, you can use the 3rd party apps I posted before. 

8 Posts

March 26th, 2019 09:00

hello 

thanks for your answer.

What to you mean with "This is not an issue with the system that requires repair."

Do i need hardware repair or software (format or any update)?

8 Posts

March 26th, 2019 10:00

thanks a lot

8 Posts

April 13th, 2019 08:00

hi again the problem is continues until today every day the gpu fan starts spins up and down for longer time and more often. I format my laptop and still the same problem. I am not sure if you understand my problem exactly. The problem is the gpu fan start spinning up and down from 36% to 83% every 1-2 seconds for 4-5 minutes when the gpu temprature is 50-60 °C and when this happens after the 4-5 minutesof spinning up and down gpu fan works normaly for 10-15 minutes and after that is starts again spinning up and down and the same problem continues all day. The only time when i do not have any problem is when i am playing games that requires the gpu fan runs at 100%. what can i do to stop that?

1.png2.png3.png

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 15th, 2019 18:00

Hello, 

Try uninstalling the Command Center software that you are currently using, and install the latest version

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>. You can uninstall the software from the "Apps & Features" window. After doing this, test to confirm if the GPU fan is still doing the same thing. 

8 Posts

April 16th, 2019 03:00

hi i uninstall the command center and install it again and nothing changed. Also when formatted my laptop i didn't install the command center and had the same problem with the fan. Αdditional when gpu fan spin up and down if i restart the laptop when this happens nothing changes and continious to do that.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 16th, 2019 17:00

Ok, and is your system running the latest Bios version 1.6.5?

8 Posts

April 17th, 2019 03:00

Yes i have the latest bios 1.6.5

8 Posts

April 20th, 2019 10:00

i format my laptop with windows 10 ''Reset this PC'' tool and i choose to delete everything. Do you think i have to format my laptop manually with usb? Do you have any solution? Because is very annoying especially when i am in my class at my univercity/
No Events found!