Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

April 5th, 2016 17:00

alienware m17x r5 keyboard lights

ok guys any suggestions looked all over can't find a fix all my light work great apart form the keyboard not sure when it started only just sussed it out to day but may have been like this for some weeks on windows 10 out of waranty update bios also removed and reinstalled command center but i do think this is a keyboard issue as it only seems to affect that part of the light and dont want to replace keyboard until i can tell for sure its the keyboard that is the problem and plus not that east to take apart cheers for the dell 

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 6th, 2016 13:00

Hi,

Try using AlienFX tester to confirm if the keyboard lights respond during the test. If they do not light up, it is most likely a hardware problem. Click here to view a video that explains how to use AlienFX tester. 

22 Posts

April 6th, 2016 14:00

thank you for getting back to me yes i have done this test and all light work apart from the keyboard but i did get a replacement keyboard from dell under waranty back in the end of july just before my warranty ran out  and also a touch pad as the surface of the touch bad had worn off and 2 keys were not working so i am now thinking did the tech connect the cable for the lights on the keyboard is it separate because to be honest i can not remember the last time i checked to see if the keyboard was lighting up ..but of course now i know its going to bug me ..so i did phone dell to day and he ran a full test and all the things i had done but as laptop is now out of waranty he will have to speak to his manager to ok if a engineer can replace it or not

so fingers crossed ..but you would think that the new parts would be covered for up to a year   .so will wait and see what dell say then will have to see what rights i have if any ..however i do remember having issues getting command center working on windows 10 after upgrade and having to turn of some part of  net framework ..but have also made a new account and migrated all my files over as had a issue with windows apps and the store but all working sweet now ..but have not seen many post about just the keyboard not working so i do think the same as you its a hardware issue ..but again thanks for the reply

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 7th, 2016 14:00

Hi,

Thank you for confirming this. Let us know if you require further assistance. 

22 Posts

April 8th, 2016 05:00

all fixed dell out to day great service as predicted last engineer  had not inserted cable correctly 50 odd screws later [:)] a bit of a pain but all good 

No Events found!