Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2015 07:00

alienware x51 r2 - random crashes, looped start up

okay so i have had my desktop for a years and two months not had a problem until now.

so i have upgraded to windows 10 all was fine for a few days then my problems started.

my pc will just randomly shut down, first it was when i was watching netflix. then it was i was just browsing the internet, now its just whenever it feels like it.

sometimes i will get a bluescreen, sometime my pc just hangs there and sometimes it just goes off the. the only commonality is that when it off it tries booting up again.

by try i mean the leds come on a fan sounds, i get a beep then it just goes off again.

it can do this a couple of times then start normally sometimes it can try twenty times.

this problem is becoming more frequent, originally happened a week apart and then i thought it went away but last night it did it 5 times just i finally got sick of trying to do anything on it i just didn't bother trying again.

any help would be appreciated, i have added a link to a video of it trying to start.

https://youtu.be/0SGObtuxs5Q

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 31st, 2015 15:00

Hi, 

Try the steps below.

• Flash the latest Bios firmware on the system (if you haven't already done this), click here for the download link. 
  • Uninstall both the Intel and Nvidia/AMD drivers. 
  • Install the Intel driver first, use the version from the Dell support site. 
  • Install the Nvidia/AMD driver next, use the latest version from their website. 

Test the system to confirm if the issue continues, let us know how it goes. 

September 9th, 2015 12:00

Hi thanks for the advice,

id love to try it but my pc wont even boot up any more it just keeps doing the fan thing.

i hsve once had it get to the bios loading screen then it restarts.

any advice????

1 Message

September 15th, 2015 00:00

Hi,

I'm having an identical problem with my X51 now.  Please assist.  Thanks

September 27th, 2015 04:00

I take it no one can help!!!!

47 Posts

September 27th, 2015 23:00

You don't happen to have another power supply do you? I read another post where the same symptoms happened to be a failing power supply.

No Events found!